Sign in to follow this  
VinylTeez

Big order...need some advice

Hey guys/girls

I got a request to do 300 htv that are 4in by 2in each, simple arched text. What would you charge for this. I've never done this many for one person. I will be using easyweed.

Customer will apply the htv themselves

Thanks in advance for any help!

For starters, if you just providing the htv, your material cost should be about 75 bucks.  (without any kind of markup)

If those are 4" x 2" you should be able to build them out of a 10yd roll of vinyl or less. I space mine 0.10 apart when I cut them and that is about the right amount to easily cut them apart. I don't know what software you are using but hopefully it will let you do multiple copies. It helps a LOT to have each logo have it's own weed border so you can cut them and then weed off the 0.10 between them and cut them apart BEFORE weeding the details. Try it the other way and you'll soon see what I mean. IF they are simple you can usually weed something that size about 75-100 per hour depending on how many inside letters you have to pluck. I would charge I'd probably be between a buck and buck fifty each plus shipping. Plastisol transfers would be a nice idea for that if they don't NEED the durability of the vinyl. Some of my clients insist on vinyl. 

Thanks for the reply wildgoose and xpaperman!

Well, I got the "give me 2 weeks and I'll get back to you".....

The person wants to use these HTV cutouts for a DIY project and put them on hats. Lets see if they get back to me.