jmel4300

Sure Cuts A Lot - Cutting where ever

Have used a few brands of software and have never ran into this. I use ai to design then convert to esp. Cutting program is Sure cuts a lot 3 (up to date), cutter is US Cutter/cutter plotter MH721-MK2.

When cutting, cutter position will randomly move. Like 2 letters in a line are on top of each other or if I try to cut say 4 boxes in a row, the first is fine, then it moves off the vinyl to cut the next. I've seen it be cutting a word and the first letters are good, then it moves the next ones over an inch. 

Any ideas?

For the other problem are you sure your carriage head is firmly in the track,  the white wheels.?   Make sure grit rollers are not slipping..Make sure and have enough vinyl slack to do the order, never pull from the roll while cutting.

Make sure baud rate is 4800

I do the same thing except i convert to svg from ai cs6. Sounds like there is definitely a problem somewhere, Ive never had that happen, go into settings in scalps and check your settings etc and post them here..Also goto craftedge.com and upgrade to scalps4pro. i think it was like 50.00 ? i could be wrong but there is a big difference between the 2, or downlown the demo and check for yourself.       here is the link..http://www.craftedge.com/products/products_scalpro.html

here is the upgrade page. it is 49.00 .. well worth it..http://www.craftedge.com/purchase/craftedge/purchase_scal4pro.php

On 1/29/2017 at 0:27 AM, Primal Decals said:

I do the same thing except i convert to svg from ai cs6. Sounds like there is definitely a problem somewhere, Ive never had that happen, go into settings in scalps and check your settings etc and post them here..Also goto craftedge.com and upgrade to scalps4pro. i think it was like 50.00 ? i could be wrong but there is a big difference between the 2, or downlown the demo and check for yourself.       here is the link..http://www.craftedge.com/products/products_scalpro.html

here is the upgrade page. it is 49.00 .. well worth it..http://www.craftedge.com/purchase/craftedge/purchase_scal4pro.php

49.00 is a good deal!  I may look into that myself.  Not a big fan of SCAL pro3, but it came with the cutter.  Budget cutter, gets budget software...LOL  But I'd be willing to try 4 if it is truly an upgrade over 3.

1 hour ago, darcshadow said:

USB or serial?

Vinyl/stand grounded?

Mine will still do this diagonal cut, it'd a memory issue.  My cutter is grounded and using the serial.  It's unfortunate because when I design logos for customers I use 300dpi, then I have to open an image at 150 or less dpi, and downsize the logo for cutting purposes.  A bit of a pain, but still easier than having to create 2 logos.

DPI is a raster term, doesn't apply to Vectors. For a logo that is to be cut you'd be better off designing in vector first then save export it to a raster format if/when necessary.

How big are your logos that don't work? I know MH's have limited memory, but I have one, and have never ran into a memory problem and I've done some designs with a thousands of nodes.

JLS, if you don't mind, I'd love it if you'd send me one of your designs that doesn't cut correctly and let me run it through mine just so I can see the memory problem first hand.

38 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

DPI is a raster term, doesn't apply to Vectors. For a logo that is to be cut you'd be better off designing in vector first then save export it to a raster format if/when necessary.

How big are your logos that don't work? I know MH's have limited memory, but I have one, and have never ran into a memory problem and I've done some designs with a thousands of nodes.

JLS, if you don't mind, I'd love it if you'd send me one of your designs that doesn't cut correctly and let me run it through mine just so I can see the memory problem first hand.

As I am self taught, I was not aware that DPI was a raster term, so that is good for me to know.

I started out, and still use, GIMP for creating logos.

I have been doing this much longer than cutting decals.  I got tired of turning jobs away, because I couldn't cut simple decals.  That's when I decided to go with the Laserpoin2 from US Cutter, and it came with SCALP3.  Once I started cutting I learned real quick about needing the vector format first, and that's when I started to dable a bit with Inkscape.

I haven't had an issue of late, as I watch now how many objects I cut.  I'll take a look at my notes, and see if I can't find one that gave me issues though.