tcorrell02

Price check, Am i crazy?

First real shirt order, 8 3xl, 5 2xl, 1 L, 1 s

Full back and chest htv 2 color, pretty basic design. Already have design from vehicle graphics i did for him.

3xl = 17.50 x 8 = $140 

2xl = 16.50 x 5 = $82.50

L & S = 14.50 x 2 = $29

Total = $251.50

I figured shirt price + htv price(x2 color) + $5 press on back and $2.50 press for chest.

Does this seem realistic? High? Low? I have read a bunch on here to try to figure out pricing, but just want input from the seasoned vets.

6 minutes ago, mfatty500 said:

Full chest, full back both 2 color? Toooo cheap...but I'm in the Chicago area

Sorry, full back and just chest pocket area.

Still a little light for our area, but i'd think your on track, depends how bad you need the work...or to get your name out there

• Like 1

Basically you are getting $7.50 to cut weed and install per shirt. Thats a do-able price. With practice you will be able to do 15 shirts in 1 to 2 hours start to finish not counting graphics which you say you already have. 

• Like 1

You mentioned shirt price and htv price x2.  What price are you using?  By your figures, I assume you are using your "cost" pricing.  You should be using your markup price.  For example, for me, I sell or resell my shirts for 5 bucks plain.  I pay about 2.60 to 2.80 a shirt.  I double then round up or down to make it easy.  So I "sell" the blank shirt for 5 bucks.  Now I base the htv cost about 3 bucks a linear foot.  Double that to 6.  Most of my stuff (single color) can be done with about a linear foot.

So now we have a product cost with markup.  11 bucks is my starting point.  A second color?  you can add another 6 bucks or if you using less than a linear foot or you can apply a discount for a second color etc....  When doing a full back and a chest area.... usually if you lay it out together, you can cut both items at the same time using about the same amount of material (less waste)  So you don't really have to charge for the material for the chest at that point.

11 bucks for shirt and back single color.... add second color pricing then consider your time.  how long is it going to take to cut weed and press?  Figure that time in based on your "hourly rate".  That will give you an idea of where to be.  I think you will find your a little low, but your ok.  When doing a group of shirts all the same tho, you can save htv by how you layout the design... thus saving you money, you can pass the savings on (bulk discount) or keep it.  Depends on the customer too.... friend?  First timer with potential future work and trying to get you foot in the door......  another tip, if your kind of new to the pricing part..... call another place and ask for a quote on the same order.  Then you will know what the competition is doing and maybe get a feel for pricing in your area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1