Doliz

Help me decide a software

I recently got a Vinyl Express Q-75. I'm pretty new to the whole cutting scenario, I've tried cutting a few things with SignBlazer, and I can get it to work, kind of. With the HotShot demo it works great, but it always adds a square filled with other squares on top of my design and cuts that out as well. The Elements version, I'm unable to adjust the speed settings. If there is a way to disable the software cut/speed settings...let me know.

I'm currently also trying the SignCut trial. It seems to be working alright. But honestly I probably won't spend $400 on it, or that much on any software, at least at my current situation.

I don't need a software that also designs as I am already good with graphic design work in Photoshop and illustrator (Preferred), and such. I was recommended by a friend to get the $60 Vinyl Master Cut Program. http://www.vinylmastercut.com/buy/

Any tips or info would be appreciated. I'm all set up, got a bunch of material and tape, and now I'm confused on finding a decent software that just works with my designs.

I use and like Signcut Pro.  However, sixty bucks to outright own Vinyl Master Cut Basic sounds like a pretty good deal.  Signcut Pro is mostly a subscription model, so its gonna go well over sixty bucks in the long run.

The squares your seeing might be something an unregistered version does to encourage you to buy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doliz said:

The Elements version, I'm unable to adjust the speed settings. 

Yes but you can just change the cut speed on the machine itself, not that big of a deal really, well unless you have your cutter 20 feet away from you computer. LOL

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mb20music said:

Yes but you can just change the cut speed on the machine itself, not that big of a deal really, well unless you have your cutter 20 feet away from you computer. LOL

I had tried but was unable to adjust it. I'll give it another shot here in a bit, I'm pretty new to this machine so I'm sure I just pressed the wrong buttons.

One thing I didn't mention, Signcut Pro just cuts.  It has little design abilities.  The beta version adds some.  I use CorelDraw and sometimes Inkscape for design.

I use SignCut Pro like DC. USCutter sells the lifetime dongle for $270 now which is a great price. I paid about $400 when I bought mine. With the dongle you own the program outright and can even resell it and you can load it on multiple computers and just move to the next one with your dongle if you need to. Also multiple platform capable so mac or pc are both good to go, this is one of the primary reason I bought it because I run both in my home based business. I am unfamiliar with the options that come with VM Cut. You will want features like nesting, weeding lines, multiple copies, etc. You can make your own registration marks but that can be a handy option too if you're in a hurry. I personally never let my software admits my speed or pressure, I prefer to do that on the machine. Same with blade offset and overcut etc... Not all machines have the ability to let you do it manually though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildgoose said:

I use SignCut Pro like DC. USCutter sells the lifetime dongle for $270 now which is a great price. I paid about $400 when I bought mine. With the dongle you own the program outright and can even resell it and you can load it on multiple computers and just move to the next one with your dongle if you need to. Also multiple platform capable so mac or pc are both good to go, this is one of the primary reason I bought it because I run both in my home based business. I am unfamiliar with the options that come with VM Cut. You will want features like nesting, weeding lines, multiple copies, etc. You can make your own registration marks but that can be a handy option too if you're in a hurry. I personally never let my software admits my speed or pressure, I prefer to do that on the machine. Same with blade offset and overcut etc... Not all machines have the ability to let you do it manually though. 

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the VM Cut demo and it looks like it's actually pretty good for cutting, has all the nifty features. It seems to really lack in the designing and clip art, text options, graphical department which is fine with me. I'll be doing a bit more research into it (I finally got SignBlazer working good, for now) but almost $300 on software is a bit much for where I am at this point. I more or less just got this machine out of a good trade, and am going to be adding it to my already going 3D Printing business. I've also been dabbling with the Signcut Trial as well, but it just doesn't seem like as smooth as a gui as the VM Cut had.

VMware cut is one of the lower versions, so you do pay for more functionality as with other programs like flexi.