Hi, I got a US Cutter SC model machine and SCAL 4 Pro....I am coming from a very easy Cricut software. Whenever i try to cut, it doesn't through all the way. Main problem is the SVG looks fine on my screen but the text looks all weird and like a blob...i dont know how to explain it. I don't know how to fix it. I went into the cut setting at first and the wrong machine was listed so I changed it to SC model....I thought maybe that was the problem, but it's not...still same issue. Can someone please help. I been at this for hours and it's driving me crazy. I can't even show you because since it didn't cut all the way through I can't weed it. Thanks in advance.

Start with getting your blade set correctly. so you are cutting thru the vinyl.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

3 hours ago, kimsvinylexpressions said:

Hi, I got a US Cutter SC model machine and SCAL 4 Pro....I am coming from a very easy Cricut software. Whenever i try to cut, it doesn't through all the way. Main problem is the SVG looks fine on my screen but the text looks all weird and like a blob...i dont know how to explain it. I don't know how to fix it. I went into the cut setting at first and the wrong machine was listed so I changed it to SC model....I thought maybe that was the problem, but it's not...still same issue. Can someone please help. I been at this for hours and it's driving me crazy. I can't even show you because since it didn't cut all the way through I can't weed it. Thanks in advance.

As MZ SKEETER said adjust the blade depth, and also you may need to increase the pressure.

Also, 2 reasons this happens to most people is they either didn't activate the software so it cuts a line thru everything till activated or like stated above the stand needs grounded to the plotter bottom - bare metal to bare metal.

On 1/27/2017 at 0:12 AM, mb20music said:

As MZ SKEETER said adjust the blade depth, and also you may need to increase the pressure.

Also, 2 reasons this happens to most people is they either didn't activate the software so it cuts a line thru everything till activated or like stated above the stand needs grounded to the plotter bottom - bare metal to bare metal.

Thanks but I did what I was told to do with the blade when I first got it and it is correct. I was also told to the settings to put the machine on and did that as well. My software came with my machine and it is activated and already upgraded. There are no lines through anything. I don't have a stand, it is sitting on a table. My main concern is why the words in this look like blobs when they cut...like fat letters and not like they show in the svg.

craft room.svg

Sometimes you can get a light at an angle and see the cut lines in a pic from the side. Hard to help out if we can't see what results you are getting. Have you tried sticking a pen in and drawing on a sheet of paper? Most of the cutters come with a pen attachment and you can sometimes see errors by looking at the drawn lines. If you are seeing blobs it sounds like maybe the blade offset is WAY off. Just a guess. 

Because all cutters can be slightly different, even the same models, there is not some magic settings(set in stone) that make the cutters cut correctly.  More so with the value cutters, which the SC is.. You have to do test cuts, in your vinyl until the cutter is cutting like you want, you may have to change the force, blade offset, and over cut,.blade depth,..to get good cuts. This just goes with owning a value cutter with a stepper motor. It takes more tinkering and fine tuning the settings, to get good cuts,.unlike the higher end cutters with the servo motors, they are pretty much set, and run great. .And like Wildgoose said, with out images to show us, we can't help you...ONLY guesses.

You haven't stated how big or small  that design is that your cutting, or the size of the text,, but looking at it,, I'm sure it takes up a lot of memory.  There is alot to that design.  The SC cutters have limited memory.  

• Like 2