Just recieved my graphtec ce6000-60 and cut a few heat transfer grafics

And i took notice ther is a small line on the cutting strip the length of material being cut

The cut weeds fine and it is not cutting threw the carrier sheet so is this normal.

I'm cutting fashion film from Stahls

The settings are Force=10 offset=1 speed=35 acceleration=1

Any help i would appreciate Thank you Donnie

I just want to make sure i'm not damaging the cutting strip.

one cut won't be a big deal but after you do it a few times it becomes a bigger deal.  and once you change a strip it teaches you to watch the cutting depth and how material is loaded

• Like 1

Dakota!

I guess what i'm trying to say is if the blade was cutting to deep wouldn't it cut right threw the carrier sheet.

All i see is the score mark on the carrier sheet but it is not cutting threw.

It is cutting threw the vinyl but just scoring the carrier sheet but not threw it.

Dakota!

I guess what i'm trying to say is if the blade was cutting to deep wouldn't it cut right threw the carrier sheet.

All i see is the score mark on the carrier sheet but it is not cutting threw.

It is cutting threw the vinyl but just scoring the carrier sheet but not threw it.

Run your finger nail over it. Can you feel it? If it is cut bad, then something did happen. If you move the carriage by hand and accidentally press the holder down, that could do it also.

If it isnt cuting thru the carrier sheet backing ,It will not cut the strip.There is no way around it.Something else happened..

Sorry i didn't get back to everybody.

Cutting strip ok thank you.

But now having a new problem after cutting a good bit of decals with oracal 651

I took notice the vinyl was starting to lift in the corners like it wasn't cutting through the vinyl.

So i put a new blade in which i tried a cleancut blade still having problems.

The settings are force=10 speed= 35 acceleration=1 offset=+1 also now the vinyl isn't weeding good.

I also took notice the rounded curves in the O'S the D'S ISN'T CUTTING SHARP.

What could that be.

Donnie!

Why do you have the blade offset at +1?  Usually blade offset is 0 ZERO on a Graphtec. Set you blade depth like this.. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. 

Lifting in the corners is usually the blade is out to far. Set the blade EXACTLY like skeeter said.

Slow your speed down to 20 until you get it cutting right. 35 is pretty quick for problem solving.