patrick0294

MH721-MK2 Problem With Edges

Hello, I've made about 50 test cuts and nothing seems to be working. Can someone please help?

Specs:

• Windows 7 via USB
  • 45 Degree blade
  • Vinylmaster software
  • .30 blade offset
  • .25 overcut
  • Blade adjusted so it barley scratches the wax backing
  • cut speed 350 mm/s
  • pressure 70g
  • GreenStar Intermediate Calendered Vinyl

I get cuts like this, which make it impossible to weed. This seems to only happen on sharp 90* cuts when the machine is cutting to the left. Or so I think i've noticed. Please help :(

16357199_1343327685688920_225125896_o.jpg

16231486_1343330372355318_62374402_o.jpg

Just because you have your blade barely scratching the wax paper backing, does not mean that it is set right...  Set your blade like this. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Start with the blade offset at 0.25mm   then go plus or minus .05 and see which way is better.   Try over cut at 0.1   Start your speed at slow...until you learn your machine. 

• Like 3

I'm still having the same issue, I have maybe 10 hours total into troubleshooting and nothing..

current settings to where it's useable but I still have to go over the same edges with an exacto every single time..

Everything I've checked

baud rate 4800 (current), baud rate 9800

reinstalled drivers

carriage on track

used 60* blade instead of 45*

wd-40 inside the blade holder

max pressure on rollers

blade set to where it cuts just the vinyl and barley the wax backing

anywhere from 0-1 offset (current .30)

overcut anywhere from 0 to 4

attached ground wire from bottom of cutter to stand

bigger size cuts

cutting pressure 60-120 grams

cutting speed 10mm/s 

I'm about to throw this thing out of the window. My last guess is perhaps the blade holder itself is bad? 

Do I see 3 of the 4 corners cutting ok? Overcut will come into play at the end of a cut where the start and end point meet. Overcut (if any) shouldn't be much more than your blade offset. 0.30mm sounds about right for offset but each machine and sometimes blade angle are a little different. I have had to adjust my offset for blade wear occasionally during the life of a good blade. 

Did you adjust your blade so that the blade holder by hand like Skeeter suggested? The holder should almost touch the vinyl while the blade just grades the carrier sheet. This is the single most common mistake and surprising how much it can effect the cut. I would think all the corners would be bad though if it were a blade or holder issue. The inconsistency of messed up corners is whats throwing my brain.

What is this "max pressure on rollers " ?  You changed the tension on the pinch rollers?  That can throw stuff off..People start messing with the pinch rollers and create more problems.... 

• Like 2

I think you both missed his last post, the problem is software related, it doesn't happen with SignBlazer but does with VinylCutMaster.

After you try reinstalling VM and the drivers, if that doesn't fix the problem I'd suggest contacting VM support.

• Like 1