I recently (within the last 6 months) acquired a friend's small cutting business as he was changing careers and would no longer have time to fill orders. I have figured out the odds and ins of the actual plotter and even the software I initially started with (VinylMasterCut v4) and have started figuring out my more recent purchase of Sir Cuts a Lot (bought only due to the fact that a lot of his previous files were used with this program and my upgraded cutter came with VMCv4).

One problem I still have is when I compare his decals (red decal picture) to mine (purple decal picture), I see that my letters are not as neatly cut as his and there are even times when the letters are uneven (the letter T for example, the two side of the top line will not be the same width). Also, his decal in the picture was smaller than mine and had better quality cut. Any suggestions or recommendations on how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice

20170124_202204.jpg

20170124_202220.jpg

could be vinyl slippage, looks like offset might be set wrong,  also looks like it could have been auto traced and not a clean file to start with.
scalp can be a little wonky at times also - does it cut like this with vinylmaster?   curious what vinyl is that?  Have you messed with the pressure rollers where they might be slipping?

i use scalps 4  pro ,and as everyone always sees me post that i like SCALPS  very much.An offset can cause this and or bad trace as Dakotagrafx said.Ive seen it before, If you have any questions with SCALPS  send me a message and i will help you out..  Here is the settings for scalp..Your not the first one to have this issue with the settings being wrong.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1