Let me start out by saying I am new to all of this.

I am a graphic designer and I want to get into cutting vinyl. I have been doing research and I plan to purchase the titan 28 inch (with heat press package). 

I work with photoshop and illustrator and understand how to run both, obviously illustrator would be better to cut vinyl. I've never cut anything before so my queston is: will the provided software with the titan allow me to import .eps or .ai files directly to be cut? I would prefer to continue using illustrator to design rather than using some other software.

Thanks!

Yes.

VinylMaster handles your .eps files, as well as having the capability to take raster graphics and VECTORIZE them (the vector conversion engine is quite good, actually).

And one piece of advice --  always remember the "Mirror" function when cutting heat transfer vinyl.

Welcome aboard Fender.  The machine will come with VinylMaster, so you would get a quicker and more definitive answer by posting on that forum.

My guess is that yes, you can design in AI and import AI, EPS or PDF (w/vectors) into VM for cutting.  That is how I do it with SCALP.

Cal

• Like 1

" Can anyone tell me if the Titan 28" will cut .eps or .ai files or do I have to create logos using the provided software? I work with a mac".

A previous post stated they work with a Mac... Vinyl Master is Windows only... 

• Like 1

Skeeter is on it! 

Fender I work with AI on a mac too. As far as I have seen about every cutting program will accept vector files in some form. You may have to mess around a little to figure out which works best for your program, eps, AI version 8, SVG etc... Unless you run Parallels I would opt for something other than the VM program because as stated it is a windows only program. I am not a fan of the SCALP program but it does have a mac version. 

Personally I use SignCut Pro 1 as a cutting utility. It will run on either mac or pc (the only program capable of this in a single version). You can try it out for a week free and if you like it USCutter sells the lifetime dongle for $270. (I paid $400 when I bought mine). SignCut has almost no design capabilities but ALL the cutting tools you will want and a plug-in for AI. With SignCut it likes AI version 8 the best. I don't use the plug-in because I cut on a different computer from my design station so I just save them as 8 and open them directly with SignCut. The plug-in just converts them over to version 8 in the process of handling the files anyway. 

• Like 1