Badcopyinc

mh-871 cutting stairs flexi 10 serial

been using my 871 for years now on SB and AI or INK 

ran across flexi 10 and love the program but over usb the cutter acts funny

every other cut it wants to run from corner to corner.

read alot of threads and they led me to believe it was usb error

ordered a keyspan and hooked back up on serial until then

first cut over serial. stairs across the vinyl!???

second cut actual design third stairs.

ports setting from cutter and flexi match

anyone have and suggestions otherwise ill be forced to use flexi and sb or scrap flexi and try to get a  return

chose the one that was already in there on my serial pc (mh-871in flexi) and didnt add any at all from my original setup with SB

laptop i installed one from us cutter site for the usb

im assuming i need to have baud set on the driver panel as well.

i apreciate all your help. i did read that and the manual to hook up 871 as well i just dont remember reading 4800 thank you

yes just tried. i put it to 120mm/s starts doing stairs hit reset to avoid vinyl damage. then hit send and it puts a slice through design and cuts it.

the head drops after i hit origin so its like the cutter thinks the head is still up when starting the cut.if close down prdouction manager and open up to send again it will operate properl first cut. or if i power down cutter. if not i will be doing stairs every other cut and the other ones will have slice from cutting head being down to start.

then back to the basics - this time of year we have a lot of static induced problems - did you ever run the ground wire from the stand to the plotter so static won't build up in the vinyl and stand?

10 minutes ago, Badcopyinc said:

was just debating on actually grounding that wire to my wall outlet screw. but yes currently on stand and cutter

the cutter is grounded to the outlet thru the 3 prong plug - the stand is usually insulated from the cutter by rubber feet etc so the static can build up in the material but it looks like you have that covered as you said you do have the wire from bare metal on the stand to bare metal on the cutter

im still waiting to talk to my friend but i have a feeling mz is right. 

thank you guys for your help. ill just go back to the way i was doing it prior.