Sign in to follow this  
ldesantiago42

My cutter is not cutting deep enough

I have a 15 person class tonight and of course my cutter is not working properly. It is NOT cutting deep enough and I have changed the pressure and STILL not working. I am so stressed. WHY, WHY do you NOT have help on the weekends..AT LEAST on SAT??? Our businesses do not stop on the weekends. If I have to cancel I will lose hundreds of $'s and might lose customers as well? I have had issues on the weekends before and asked this same question before... it's been a nightmare. I guess as a small business owner I should only have issues on the weekdays between 8-5? IF ONLY that's how our business worked? Seems uscutter could care less? SO frustrated, stress and completly disapointed

PLEASE can someone help me? My cutter is not cutting deep enough..almost impossible to weed..some letters are ok but most I have to almost tear it..obviously that's not good! I've raided the pressure and it has made no difference at all. ANYONE know what else I can do? OF course US CUTTER has no tech support on the weekends.

USCutter has had their hours posted LONG before you made your purchase...Just saying...  If your going to run a business, better have a back up plan, or cutter.. Machines quit...any time of day..

Calm down first..  This is how to set your blade depth correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Make sure there is nothing in your blade holder   Take it apart and clean it...Add a drop of thin oil like 3-1 oil   sewing machine oil,

Make sure the blade tip is not broken.  Might even try a new blade.   Make sure no gouges in the cutting strip.

• Like 2

I'm also a newbie but had a similar issue when my cutter came in. and I was putting it together on a sat. a lot of good help here. I have learned more here than anywhere online. prob help out if tell what model cutter u have. and have u used to cut with before and this just started?

I'd vote most likely a broken tip. Hope you have an extra blade (or two). These things happen and murphy says it will be at the most inconvenient time. 

• Like 1

yep, my 1st order was a cutter and supplies to get started .  after joining the forum , my next order included lots of extra blades .