Sign in to follow this  
mfatty500

A sleepy Ricoh3110dn

I don't do a lot of sublimation, but what is with the Ricoh 3110 dn going to sleep, it is always a pain to wake up to get printing? Most times I have to turn it off and re-power, is that normal, it has always done it since it was new 5-6 years ago I have done the current firmware update.

Thanks

Mike

mine does that sometimes too.  Usually if I am about to use it, I will just reach over and touch the on button for a sec to "wake it up" before I send my item to print.  Most times that does it.... if not, I just power down and power back up and away it goes.

I did the firmware update, it went asleep, I hit the # enter button and all seems to work fine now. I'll see how it does in the morning. Thanks for the reply.

What do y'all do about blacks not being anywhere near black? I thought peeped it was due to expired ink, per customer support, so I bought 2 new cartridges.  Flushed heads 10 times (they said 7), but still isn't deep black.  I'm using illustrator CS6, and have verified RGB are all at 0. Very frustrating, especially when there's $500 worth of work pending. 

And yes, mine is sleepy a lot too.  Lol

only time my black isn't deep enough is when I apply for too much time it will go brownish - check your time and temp

4 hours ago, jep8fan said:

It seems to happen on my windows 7 computer mostly, It only has 4 gb of RAM and using it with Corel Draw x7 it is slower than s**t, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, on my windows 8.1 machine it is better, I'll be getting a new W10 laptop, so I'll have to try it on that and report back.

And yes, mine is sleepy a lot too.  Lol

On 2/11/2017 at 7:51 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

Yeah that us what I experienced when too much heat for too long. . . 

Power driver mysteriously disappeared.  Tech supports thinks maybe a windows update is to blame. 

• Like 1

mine did this when it was brand new, I called Ricoh, and I had a bad motherboard and they returned it and got me a new one and now it works perfect!