Sign in to follow this  
Modtour4

Roland Sp-540V

Hi everyone,

I replaced my Black/Cyan print head yesterday. Prior to replacing it, my test prints were (from left to right): Black,Cyan,Magenta,Yellow. After replacing the head, my test prints are now (from left to right): Cyan,Black,Magenta,Yellow.

Anyone know how to reverse the Black & Cyan? Everything I print now, what is supposed to be Black is Blue and everything Blue,is Black.

Anyone???

Thanks

Russ

1 hour ago, Modtour4 said:

Hi everyone,

I replaced my Black/Cyan print head yesterday. Prior to replacing it, my test prints were (from left to right): Black,Cyan,Magenta,Yellow. After replacing the head, my test prints are now (from left to right): Cyan,Black,Magenta,Yellow.

Anyone know how to reverse the Black & Cyan? Everything I print now, what is supposed to be Black is Blue and everything Blue,is Black.

Anyone???

Thanks

Russ

your going to have to flush the head and switch the dampers for the black and cyan as you must have put them on the wrong nipples.   lots of flushing to get the ink out of the wrong side of the head.  it will probably be expensive enough that you won't do it again

• Like 1

Thanks Dakota.

That's what I was thinking. I now have to wait for new fuses to come in. Looks like I blew F2. Magenta/Yellow will print but not Black/Cyan. If I switch the cables, Black/Cyan will print but not Magenta/Yellow.

Cant wait to get this figured out, I love this machine!

Thanks

Russ

• Like 1

Hopefully a fuse, seen several people blow head boards not unplugging, thinking powering off was good enough.  That is like a $3000 damn it then.  You can't mess with cables with any type of power and when you just have set the opener switch there s still power to the boards

On 1/23/2017 at 8:06 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

Hopefully a fuse, seen several people blow head boards not unplugging, thinking powering off was good enough.  That is like a $3000 damn it then.  You can't mess with cables with any type of power and when you just have set the opener switch there s still power to the boards

It was in fact fuse f-2. Could not find anyone in my area to desolder the old one, so I had someone solder a new one to the ends of the old one.

Works perfect now!!!!!

Thanks everyone!