tcorrell02

htv vinyl stock

This is more of a question for the small business/home based people out there. Starting to do shirts, and wondered about keeping htv stock. How much stock to you keep? Do you order to the job? If you do keep stock how many colors?

I do a little of both. I stock some basic colors that I find myself using often. White, Black, Bright Red, Navy, Silver. And then I order as needed for the rest but usually over order so that I end up with a nice inventory of misc colors for one-off jobs that I can do on the fly. I usually also order shirts and hoodies as they want them and there is almost always time to get the vinyl in by the time the shirts come. The only time this is a problem is if it's a really big order and I want to get cutting and weeding while waiting for the shirts. 

• Like 1

Do you have a local shop you can buy from? I have one less than 30 mins from my house. I can go and get a yard of this a yard of that. I like to keep glitter HTV in stock. I have some basic also, mainly black, white, & red.

On 2017-01-19 at 2:05 PM, Wildgoose said:

I do a little of both. I stock some basic colors that I find myself using often. White, Black, Bright Red, Navy, Silver. And then I order as needed for the rest but usually over order so that I end up with a nice inventory of misc colors for one-off jobs that I can do on the fly. I usually also order shirts and hoodies as they want them and there is almost always time to get the vinyl in by the time the shirts come. The only time this is a problem is if it's a really big order and I want to get cutting and weeding while waiting for the shirts. 

Same thing I do. But I can usually get stuff in within 2 days.

• Like 2