Trooper_vinyl_solutions

MH721 tracking issues

So, I'm beginning to regret not buying a higher end machine after looking around on here and Facebook forums. I am having almost a 2" drift on my vinyl and no matter what I do to adjust the roller arm tension it doesn't help, I'm at my wits end. Is there a better "budget friendly" machine that is a lot better when it comes to this issue? I'm still a new company but I can't have this kind of unreliability. 

However I did notice that 2-3 of my roller arm rollers has VERY slight play in them. I haven't had this machine for more then 3 months yet. 

Any help is appreciated. 

You are going to have a tracking problem with any value cutter,, That is why I chose a Graphtec.. You have to pre feed your vinyl back and forth to get it feeding correctly.   You have to start straight from the git go. And never have your machine pulling your vinyl from the roll while cutting,, Have enough vinyl slack behind the cutter to do the job.  

Too many new people start adjusting those pinch rollers, then you have more problems. 

Too much blade exposed can throw off the tracking also. Make sure you use the least amount of blade to do the vinyl you are cutting. 

Not having the cutter on a stand can throw it off also.

Here is a video that can help. Below.. UScutter used to have a video for this, but I can't find it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Trooper_vinyl_solutions said:

Is there a better "budget friendly" machine that is a lot better when it comes to this issue?

The Titan 2 & 3 I suppose...

• Like 1

Just looking at your set up on Instagram, using 15" wide vinyl,  have you tried just using 2 pinch rollers?  1 on each side...The pinch roller in the middle may be throwing it off..  I have a 30" cutter and we only have 2 pinch rollers on the Graphtecs and they track great..

You also might want to read up on copyright/trademark laws :o  

• Like 1

When you say 2" drift what exactly are you referring to? I've used a MH to cut a 6' long 4" wide strip and the start/stop point was only off by about a 1/8" of an inch.

And I'd strongly suggest taking down nearly all of those images on instagram. You're just asking from trouble from Disney and Dodge.

On your Facebook account also...If we can see these images, these companies can also...These are tons of legal images to sell, and make money from. 

• Like 1

I have an 54" sc cutter. only tracking issue was because of the markings to line up vinyl on my cutter were not the same ft to back. I now measure and also do as MZ SKEETER said. pre feed the vinyl back and forth to make sure it is feeding straight.

On 1/19/2017 at 8:08 AM, darcshadow said:

When you say 2" drift what exactly are you referring to? I've used a MH to cut a 6' long 4" wide strip and the start/stop point was only off by about a 1/8" of an inch.

And I'd strongly suggest taking down nearly all of those images on instagram. You're just asking from trouble from Disney and Dodge.

There are other companies out there that do nothing but dodge, mopar, and other "trademarked/copyrighted" stuff then what I have up. Really not worried about it honestly. 

But, I appreciate the concern from you and everyone else, even though it had nothing to do with my OP. 

1 minute ago, darcshadow said:

So what was the fix?

Messed with my pinch roller tension a little bit and added some guides to the back of the plotter, it's working for now, I'm getting very minimal tracking no more then 1/4" of movement. I don't expect to get it down to no movement being that it's a budget cutter. 

19 hours ago, skarekrow said:

I like that you watermarked your fotos... nice to touch of irony. :D

Your right, I probably shouldn't have watermarked them. Oh well, won't do it again. Only did it cuz I didn't want someone else grabbing it and going to make the same thing but in reality they could just use google. So it was kind of pointless. Ha 

On 1/19/2017 at 9:17 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

On your Facebook account also...If we can see these images, these companies can also...These are tons of legal images to sell, and make money from. 

Can you point me in the direction of these "legal images". Like I mentioned before this reply, there is people/companies out there that make their living off of mopar/dodge decals I'm aware of several due to me being in the car scene. 

in my early days I got a cease and desist from chrysler for using the word Hemi, the Ram head image in some side stripes on my truck and trying to sell the same ones (the ram head was a tribal version they never used) - they also own mopar, etc.   this is first hand experience.  I questioned it once in part to other manufacturers having made a hemispherical head engine and the ram head not being the one they used.  the response was straight to the point and after conferring with my MIL that worked as an atty at the AG office I chose to not sell anymore of them.

you decide on how much chance you are willing to take and what you will risk

I worked for 27.5 years with a group of people that would always say other people was doing the same thing as them - the judge didn't care.  some would take responsibility for what they did - the young ones always made excuses 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Trooper_vinyl_solutions said:

Can you point me in the direction of these "legal images". Like I mentioned before this reply, there is people/companies out there that make their living off of mopar/dodge decals I'm aware of several due to me being in the car scene. 

There are many companies out there that sell legal designs.  SignTorch   Myvinyldesigner  vectorstock.  Even Uscutter sells dvds of  vector designs.

http://www.uscutter.com/Vehicle-Clip-Art

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

There are many companies out there that sell legal designs.  SignTorch   Myvinyldesigner  vectorstock.  Even Uscutter sells dvds of  vector designs.

http://www.uscutter.com/Vehicle-Clip-Art

I just bought a bunch of vector packs the other day ago, didn't know you were talking about those. I'll check the link you left. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

in my early days I got a cease and desist from chrysler for using the word Hemi, the Ram head image in some side stripes on my truck and trying to sell the same ones (the ram head was a tribal version they never used) - they also own mopar, etc.   this is first hand experience.  I questioned it once in part to other manufacturers having made a hemispherical head engine and the ram head not being the one they used.  the response was straight to the point and after conferring with my MIL that worked as an atty at the AG office I chose to not sell anymore of them.

you decide on how much chance you are willing to take and what you will risk

Thanks for the input, completely understand where your coming from as well as everyone else's concern. I think your last paragraph summed it up well though.

"You decide on how much chance you are willing to take and what you will risk" 

1 minute ago, Trooper_vinyl_solutions said:

Thanks for the input, completely understand where your coming from as well as everyone else's concern. I think your last paragraph summed it up well though.

"You decide on how much chance you are willing to take and what you will risk" 

it would be worth your time to read this thread

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Trooper_vinyl_solutions said:

Thanks, I'll give it a read later. 

it will give you insight into how a small decal can cost you more than you know (if I remember correctly that one was $15,000) for a bumper sticker size decal and there isn't always a warning or C&D involved

• Like 1