cardudenc

sc pinch rollers leaving marks

been meaning to post this for a few months now, but somehow kept forgetting.

so when I 1st started on here.  I read a post about this. most said these marks would fade. another comment was the quality of vinyl. and all the responses advised to not adjust the rollers. so at 1st I thought mine was because of the cheaper vinyl that came with my cutter. but since then I am now using oracal 651 and still getting this. and nope it isn't fading when installed. so now do I try and adjust the rollers? or???? tia for advice

adjusting the rollers will only cause tracking problems among other things.  I have never had the marks not go away after the vinyl is installed - if you want a less agressive mark look at a higher end machine as the knurles tend to be less deep - they will still be there though with all machines unless you get a tractor fed like the gerber.  

• Like 1

that's what I was worried about. most of the time I try to set the rollers or vinyl where it doesn't effect what I'm cutting. dn side to that is a lil more waste. I sent @primaldecals  a few pics of somethings I finished and he commented how deep the marks were. since then I have been meaning to bring it up on here.

I believe primal is using a titan - has rollers with sharper knurled rollers and not as deep as the value cutters so they would look deeper than his.  but then again all non tractor feed plotters leave marks of some kind and more people cause trouble trying to eliminate those normal marks then come on the forum wondering why their tracking is so bad, vinyl bunching up etc.   that is somewhere behind the biggest problem for new people of too much blade exposure because someone told them to measure using a piece of plastic instead of the actual vinyl they are cutting

While I wouldn't recommend adjusting the pressure, if you do, do in in small increments, and do it equally across all points. I believe the SC pinch rollers have two screws on either side of the roller, if you want to adjust them, I'd suggest no more than a quarter, maybe a half, turn of each screw, on each roller to start with. If that doesn't solve the problem, and doesn't create any new problems, repeat till you either solve the indentation problem, or develop a tracking problem. Keeping the pressure equal is the key.

Keep in mind, you will never get rid of the indentations, but once you peel the vinyl off the backing, the indentations should pretty much disappear. The indentations that you see are the vinyl conforming to the indentations in the backing paper, the vinyl itself should only have very very light indentations, if any at all.

• Like 2