Sign in to follow this  
yenned45

Where is knife and eraser tool?

Greetings! i am using Vinyl Master LTR. Where is knife & eraser tool? I cant seem to find it. Am I overlooking something or are they not included? Thank you!!!

I'm pretty sure the knife and eraser tool is not available in the LTR edition of VM. In the pro edition, it's in the node edit tools on the far left column.

screen shot.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for replying.That is what I thought also. I have gone over the program looking for it to no avail. i was thinking it would have been a standard tool. It is a good program and i am happy with it with the exception of that aspect, Thanks again.

• Like 1

Guest HaleyBaby

Then how can I cut something in LTR? I have an imagae to large to cut for my machine, I need to knife it in half 

29 minutes ago, Guest HaleyBaby said:

Then how can I cut something in LTR? I have an imagae to large to cut for my machine, I need to knife it in half 

Maybe this thread will help you

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 9:12 AM, Guest HaleyBaby said:

Typically there is a tiling tool in the send to cutter area and possibly that is only an option in the next level of the program (Pro). Look for it there to see if it says "tiling" anywhere. 

I am pretty sure the knife and eraser tools in VM are only options in the Pro or Expert series. Working with vector files is a little different than with raster images that have pixels. Some vector programs do in fact have knife tools but they can be problematic because there are a whole other implications just chopping through things. I am not very good with Vinyl Master but there are simpler ways to get to where you want to be anyway. Typically it's easier to use other objects to chop things like MZ SKEETER linked. Skarekrow gives some good info on how to accomplish tiling. You will want to end up with two other files that are each half of your cut. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this