I have a job I need to give a price on by this afternoon, its a small job that could lead to others so......

36 sets of numbers  1-4    3 inch

6 sets of the letters  SA    3 inch

6 sets of letters  OXY        3 inch

all black oracal 651

Thanks in advance for your input

Now I'm not good with pricing yet, but I'm going to just throw out a price for ya anyway.

.40/letter/number @ 3" ea  with a 10% discount for volume.;D

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm still new to pricing....and maybe you can tell..............LOL

If it was me, I'd porbably go $0.50 to $0.75 per letter/number. If it's a customer that you think you'll get return business out of... maybe give them a 10% discount, or offer a larger discount on their next order.

Ok, see why I'm not making enough?? I underbid the job!! LOL  ;D  I still believe it depends on your local area.

I would bid on the high side, and if the customer isn't happy with the price, then you can offer a discount and they feel like they are getting one up on ya.  ;D

I did some letters the other day that were about 1.5". There was a total of about 45-50, and I charged .70 for the first 25 and .45 for the rest. I figured that would be a good way to charge for them.

Thanks everyone, I charged .65 per letter then gave him 10% off the total. Got the job, he was very happy with the price and there should be more jobs in the future.

awesome, that is really what is keeping me from moving forward faster, Im spongy on my pricing. Here is the way I think I am going to do it based on your prices

1" letter .25

2"        .45

3"        .65

4"        .85

etc,etc then a shadow which is obviously 2 pieces of vinyl the same size charge for an extra letter so a 4" letter"r" with a shadow is $1.70

and that is with a black vinyl shadow, if they want chrome, maybe $1.80

then if its a big order or a contract give them 10% off

any thoughts, does that sound through the roof to anyone?

Wayne

The way i price all of mine is according to customer and time and difficulty, and type of vinyl and or material, Layered sitckers that are triple layered are like 5 bucks for a 2" x 10", Obviously Charter Cable pays more than the average consumer, I usually triple my cost of vinyl per foot and thats what i charge per letter, I pay .29 cents a foot so my letters come out between .70 and .90 cents ea. In my opinion it takes about the same amount of vinyl to do 2," 3" and 4" letters by the time you calculate waste and excess and the occassional re-cut, give or take a inch or two, or a few cents either way. Always remember when pricing you can always drop your price but it's very difficult to ask for more cause you didnt bid enough. My banners are 10.50 a foot as long as they are between 2 and 3 feet in height and are single color. There's really no rhyme or reason to my pricing other than i just take each job on a case by case basis. Just like obviously i wouldnt charge 21 bucks for a 2 x 2 banner, small orders and jobs are sometimes as much as big ones.

and that is with a black vinyl shadow, if they want chrome, maybe $1.80

I'd personally go a little higher on anything dealing with chrome... it's quite expensive! About 4 or 5 times more than regular vinyl.

Guest Terry

Really depends on your area, some places everybody and there brother has a cutter. Just not like it use to be, but nothing is. You need to send a friend out to other shops to get an idea of what your area holds. Then you will know - no matter what the job is you do.

Well I do know that there is a fast signs around here but dont know of any other..

is anyone aware of their pricing, I would imagine being a chain they have to pretty much stay the same.

Wayne

At fast signs, the last time i got a quote it was like 40 bucks for a back window decal that was like 15 x 30 and they want 30 bucks more to put it on.. At least thats how it is here in the dallas fort worth area. Now there are a few sign shops that charge like .50 cents a letter regardless as long as it is one color. Thats to cheap i think, There windshield banners in 2" letters come out to like 12 to 15.00 bucks. They dont even have a minimum charge, I wouldnt even cut something for 12 bucks in just a qty of one unless they were buying something else like door or rear window stickers also.. Just my opinion anyway..