Sign in to follow this  
AboveCreations

Cobra Ink.com Experience (not good)

Ok, I realize some folks on here don't like to see negative posts about Cobra Ink, but I have to explain my recent, short experience with two sales rep from Cobra Ink named Emma and Ashley.  After reading many positive things about Cobra and sublimation, since I happen to have a Epson 1400 I normally just do 13x19 posters, I wanted to try to move to sublimation, but I wanted to be able to use the CS/6 cartridges so I can hopefully go back to inkjet if I wanted too.  So I ordered the cartridge set (around $80) from Cobra Ink and the special paper (around $30).  Then searching their website, I tried to find out if I could easily go back and forth to the inkjet or sublimation.  Nothing.  So I emailed them and asked.  Emma replied and stated that I would need their cartridges filled with cleaner, so I could exchange and also keep the nozzles clean if sitting.  So I replied and stated that the cartridges with cleaner is around another $50.  I commented to Emma that this is getting expensive, but I heard nothing but good things.  Plus, I tried to search their website for my account details/orders.... there is nothing on the website that I could see.  I told Emma about the website.  That normal online businesses allow customers to view their account details and orders.  She replied with a nasty email saying that she is sorry I feel their prices are too high and their website is confusing to me... and cancelled the order.   I said sheezuz!  I replied and said that I didn't ask to cancel the order; besides I placed two different orders.  And I looked again on their website.  There is nothing on there about account details or orders.  So I replied and asked which order did you cancel because I placed two... plus I again mentioned that there is no where on their website to view my account details or orders.

Now a sales rep named Ashley replied.  She said you simply sign in to their website and select account and then orders. And yes they cancelled both orders.  She ended the email with this quote, "We do not like starting business with customers this way and we won't be insulted because you don't know how to operate our website."

My wife said RUN!  Don't do business with that nasty company... EVER!  I replied to Ashley and explained that I've been designing, building websites since the 90's and I don't need to be scolded about using websites.  I looked again at their website.  There is NO PLACE to view account details or orders.  If there is something hidden, then I don't see it clearly like most online stores.  I also told her that I will be reaching out to Richard regarding how this was handled... but after thinking more about it... I am taking my wife's advice...

I hope others get better customer service...  but I personally will rate them a negative 1 (-1)...  Very poor!  With that last email, if she was my employee, she would be immediately fired!

Here is the link:  https://www.cobraink.com/

please have fun finding this account details and orders details after you sign up or sign in!  So much for sublimation with this company!

on the printer - any time you change types of inks you would have to flush all the former type of ink from the lines in the printer and from the heads - it would not be a "quick and easy" changeover and would cost quite a bit of cleaner and ink to make the transition each time.  this is the reason that almost all people have a dedicated sublimation printer. personally I use a ricoh because mine site for months at a time some times (vacations and such) and the gel inks don't clog the heads when sitting like the epsons.   but then again one of my ink cartridges is the amount of a full set of inks from cobra - just I don't throw printers away because of clogged heads with the ricoh.    

a Ricoh SG800 that will print as big as your 1400 will run you over $1600 with first set of inks (and drink about 1/3 of that upon installation filling the lines and heads.

Value is in the eye of the user.

Yes, I understand that the cartridges would be a bit more costly.  And I understand the cleaner concept... just wasn't too happy paying $50 for a set of just cleaner.  But my main point is that I read that many had a pleasant experience with Cobra Ink...  unfortunately, I did not and I truly believe everyone needs to know there is a darker side to Cobra Ink... and I am keeping the emails to prove it.  I was not being nasty to them... I just commented that I wasn't expecting the costs to be so high for everything.  And then their website is the pits!  They claim to select the customer account, then orders.  I've attempted to nicely tell them there is no link or button for that... all they would do is reply with nasty criticism and cancelled my orders like I am the problem.  I do not like companies with sour customer service and I believe they need to be exposed!  Perhaps it was just a couple of rude employees... but the company needs to fix it or get reported/exposed  I'll be posting this writeup on several other blogs/forums and consumer reporting sites.  I personally find their email handling offensive!

I understand that you are upset and venting.   like you stated many have had great experience with them and you are just expressing your displeasure.  you will have that with most companies.  I hope your day gets better.

I have used cobra and will continue to deal with them.

What you want to do is way over the cost of another printer. ANY contamination from the regular ink to the sub stuff will mess everything up.

Maybe you should listen to what was said and realize they where trying to help you. Wanting a single printer to do the job of 2 at a low cost is nuts in my opinion.

Spreading the word that Cobra is a bad idea is only going to make you look bad. But hey, go for it. They have more happy customers than bad.

1 hour ago, AboveCreations said:

Yes, I understand that the cartridges would be a bit more costly.  And I understand the cleaner concept... just wasn't too happy paying $50 for a set of just cleaner.  But my main point is that I read that many had a pleasant experience with Cobra Ink...  unfortunately, I did not and I truly believe everyone needs to know there is a darker side to Cobra Ink... and I am keeping the emails to prove it.  I was not being nasty to them... I just commented that I wasn't expecting the costs to be so high for everything.  And then their website is the pits!  They claim to select the customer account, then orders.  I've attempted to nicely tell them there is no link or button for that... all they would do is reply with nasty criticism and cancelled my orders like I am the problem.  I do not like companies with sour customer service and I believe they need to be exposed!  Perhaps it was just a couple of rude employees... but the company needs to fix it or get reported/exposed  I'll be posting this writeup on several other blogs/forums and consumer reporting sites.  I personally find their email handling offensive!

You asked us to " please have fun finding this account details and orders details after you sign up or sign in! "

I have never been on this site ever, but I signed up a fake account , and went right to my account, bingo bingo..  When you go to the STORE page it shows your name and account.  Click on YOUR ACCOUNT and it shows,  ORDERS, and Lifetime ORDERS,,,I haven't bought anything so I don't have orders in my account... No problems..  Too EASY!!!.

bingo.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bikemike said:

Maybe you should listen to what was said and realize they where trying to help you. Wanting a single printer to do the job of 2 at a low cost is nuts in my opinion.

Spreading the word that Cobra is a bad idea is only going to make you look bad. But hey, go for it. They have more happy customers than bad.

Help me?  With criticism, negativity and cancelling an order because their website is screwy?  And I disagree.  I done a simple search here and found others with negative experience.  And yes, I will do what I want... I don't need your approval or blessing.  I knew there were going to be some on here with negativity.  But please do show yourselves...  it's a public forum.

Oh, did you think I was giving approval or blessing? Must have worded it wrong.

I don't care what you do. Crap on whatever you want. You want to look like a dick for posting bad stuff about a web site go ahead.

I have seen your web site, and, well, cobras web site is a lot better.

http://www.abovecreations.com/

your super site?

• Like 1

I have never been on this site ever, but I signed up a fake account , and went right to my account, bingo bingo..  When you go to the STORE page it shows your name and account.  Click on YOUR ACCOUNT and it shows,  ORDERS, and Lifetime ORDERS,,,I haven't bought anything so I don't have orders in my account... No problems...

Not on my browser.  I do not see anywhere where it says my name or account.  I am using Internet Explorer 11 (all up to date) and I have absolutely no problem on any other website.  I could take screen shots, but I won't bother.  I also tried with Chrome... same thing.  when I go to their website, all I see for a menu is:  Home | Store | Contact Us | Blog |  Support |  Profiles    nothing else about my account.  But, who cares anymore.  If you like them, fine.

9 minutes ago, bikemike said:

Oh, did you think I was giving approval or blessing? Must have worded it wrong.

I don't care what you do. Crap on whatever you want. You want to look like a dick for posting bad stuff about a web site go ahead.

I have seen your web site, and, well, cobras web site is a lot better.

http://www.abovecreations.com/

your super site?

Well please tell us how you really feel about someone you know so little...  my website wasn't for public viewing because my business isn't online selling anything yet and not sure it ever will.  And who is really the DICK?  You still mad?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I understand that you are upset and venting.   like you stated many have had great experience with them and you are just expressing your displeasure.  you will have that with most companies.  I hope your day gets better.

I am not really sure you would be very happy if someone cancelled your online order without your approval just because you didn't understand something on their website...  My day is fine.  Its like any product.. some love it, some hate it.  Some just don't know how to act.

22 hours ago, AboveCreations said:

Not on my browser.  I do not see anywhere where it says my name or account.  I am using Internet Explorer 11 (all up to date) and I have absolutely no problem on any other website.  I could take screen shots, but I won't bother.  I also tried with Chrome... same thing.  when I go to their website, all I see for a menu is:  Home | Store | Contact Us | Blog |  Support |  Profiles    nothing else about my account.  But, who cares anymore.  If you like them, fine.

As I stated "go to the STORE page",,, At the TOP is the info "YOUR" stating.....Look at the INFO directly above the photos.  It is your user name and account Info. .. I use 10 year old XP computer and Chrome.   I had no problem seeing my name looking at me, and the rest of the info.   The only page I see to "SIGN IN" is the STORE page,  When you enter in your email address and password, in the pop up box, after clicking SIGN IN. The pop up spins, it goes right back to the STORE page and puts your user name right in front of your face.. where SIGN IN was....Plus the rest of the info   YOUR ACCOUNT, etc   SIGN OUT....  It's TOO easy.....

bingo1.jpg

if someone emailed complaining about my prices that had an order that had not shipped I might cancel the order too.   a business can chose not to do business with a customer that has expressed they are not happy with them.

note to all keep it civil 

• Like 3

I know I block those people on my site,,before an order..If I get a bad feeling about them and their questions, BLOCK, before you have trouble. ....Mr300s and I used to share our BLOCK list with each other....:)    And I have in  cases, just cancelled their orders. and refunded them.  and BLOCKED them... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AboveCreations said:

Well please tell us how you really feel about someone you know so little...  my website wasn't for public viewing because my business isn't online selling anything yet and not sure it ever will.  And who is really the DICK?  You still mad?

Was never mad.

Website IS on line. (like you didn't know)

I have no feelings either way for you. It is called (in the grown up world) "first impression"

Ya, you are a winner.

• Like 1

There are other places to buy sublimation carts and ink. Unfortunately they don't have the good color profiles like Cobra gives you. I have a plugged up Epson that I was doing a little sublimation on. Still have the carts too. I went the cheap intro route rather than the better Ricoh option. In my case this was the smart choice because I couldn't find a good niche clientele for things and the printer ended up sitting too long and plunging up. I had a maintenance print running every day but it got interrupted and I failed to notice. No biggie the whole printer with ink was under $300 and it paid itself off on one of the few jobs I did with it. Can still go out and buy another and plug my carts into it later if I have a need. I do mostly apparel and had a hard time selling white polyester. If I had the right kind of business where knick-knack products were moving it would have been different. 

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

ef someone emailed complaining about my prices that had an order that had not shipped I might cancel the order too.   a business can chose not to do business with a customer that has expressed they are not happy with them.

note to all keep it civil 

I wasn't complaining. After I placed the order for the carts and paper, that was over $200 and then $50 for the cleaner carts... I expressed that I've read good things about their sublimation, but I was finding it a bit high.  I didn't say your prices were high... I was commenting that it might not be in my interest for cost.  They didn't read what I said and assumed I meant their prices were high.  And the way they followed with such negativity.  Very disappointing.  For now, I'll stick with the inkjet for my printer.

52 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

There are other places to buy sublimation carts and ink. Unfortunately they don't have the good color profiles like Cobra gives you. I have a plugged up Epson that I was doing a little sublimation on. Still have the carts too. I went the cheap intro route rather than the better Ricoh option. In my case this was the smart choice because I couldn't find a good niche clientele for things and the printer ended up sitting too long and plunging up. I had a maintenance print running every day but it got interrupted and I failed to notice. No biggie the whole printer with ink was under $300 and it paid itself off on one of the few jobs I did with it. Can still go out and buy another and plug my carts into it later if I have a need. I do mostly apparel and had a hard time selling white polyester. If I had the right kind of business where knick-knack products were moving it would have been different. 

Exactly.  this was all an experiment for me since I happen to have a Epson 1400 just sitting here that I've had for many years.  It sits in the basement, in the box most of the time.  Occasionally I done 13x19 poster pictures for friends and family.  I read good things and thought I'd try with the sublimation.  Oh well... I hope others have a better experience than what I did,

19 hours ago, AboveCreations said:

Exactly.  this was all an experiment for me since I happen to have a Epson 1400 just sitting here that I've had for many years.  It sits in the basement, in the box most of the time.  Occasionally I done 13x19 poster pictures for friends and family.  I read good things and thought I'd try with the sublimation.  Oh well... I hope others have a better experience than what I did,

There have been others that do switch between inks since the 1400 and all desk top printer don't have printer lines like the big professional printers like my old 7600. Some would switch out inks and do a 10 page print them sub on some blank poly test pieces from Joanns to make sure the regular was ink was not still in the head. And do a wash test. Or you could buy  head unclog ink that comes with a syringe needle and a tube remove the cartridges and fill the syringe with it and push a little in it run a text print of 5 pages then install the other cartridges (oe) and you should be golden. It works cuz I use to do it. Also I don't use cobra cause there inks are like you said to expensive and I know they don't make the ink. So they have to buy it from some other place that does. They just have someone make them a color profile for the inks they use. I use a ciss with the color monitor calibration lcd or adobe 1998 profile and have seen no difference in prints from a Epson surecolor f2000 to mines.I take prints to the iss long Beach and test up close.I use a company by me called superjetusa.com to get all my inks and ciss from been using her for 4yrs tell her Que referred you. Her prices are cheaper and don't use a profile.here is a phone stand from Conde I did last year with her ink.

20170115_083732.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, djque said:

There have been others that do switch between inks since the 1400 and all desk top printer don't have printer lines like the big professional printers like my old 7600. Some would switch out inks and do a 10 page print them sub on some blank poly test pieces from Joanns to make sure the regular was ink was not still in the head. And do a wash test. Or you could buy  head unclog ink that comes with a syringe needle and a tube remove the cartridges and fill the syringe with it and push a little in it run a text print of 5 pages then install the other cartridges (oe) and you should be golden. It works cuz I use to do it. Also I don't use cobra cause there inks are like you said to expensive and I know they don't make the ink. So they have to buy it from some other place that does. They just have someone make them a color profile for the inks they use. I use a ciss with the color monitor calibration lcd or adobe 1998 profile and have seen no difference in prints from a Epson surecolor f2000 to mines.I take prints to the iss long Beach and test up close.I use a company by me called superjetusa.com to get all my inks and ciss from been using her for 4yrs tell her Que referred you. Her prices are cheaper and don't use a profile.here is a phone stand from Conde I did last year with her ink.

Well thanks for the post.  I will certainly check out superjetusa.com and note you (Que) referred me.  Your print on the phone stand looks awesome.  Great blues, shades and colors.  My only reservation is that once I move to the sublimation, that I have a nasty habit of letting it sit for prolong periods and kinda forgetting it... and it clogs and ruins it.  This is mostly a hobby with some perks for me right now and I work out of my basement... I have so many things going on that it would be a bit difficult to place a weekly maintenance for printer in my schedule.  lol.  I know that sounds dysfunctional... but it's my only excuse... lol.  I had a recent client that really wanted a nice company logo with colors and graphics.  Of course screen printing and vinyl is rather limited for that.

Oh, and be careful noting that cobra ink prices are high... it offends some on here and you'll get email-bitch-slapped if the cobra folks hear or see it.... lol.

Lastly, I will note that Emma (from cobra inks) once again emailed me, stating that she is the mother and Ashley is the daughter.  She claimed they are a family owned business and she claimed they got offended because they thought I was complaining about their prices and their website.  But she wasn't apologetic or anything.  You know, some folks just have to have that last word or it eats them alive.  It again wasn't a pleasant email... just bitching mostly.  I replied and told her she was wrong and I have shown the email thread to others who have no stake... those two are rude.  I again stated I was not complaining about your prices, but the costs of this sublimation so far with the cartridges and that I still don't see a place on the website to view my account.  [reading comprehension 101]  However, I did one time see my name floating on their site, but it disappeared and remained invisible to my browsers.  I know it's a HTML5 issue, but who cares!  Again, she replied with a snotty, "good for you".   lol.  I thought, whatever.  I'm done clowning with them...