Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jon

VinylMaster Cut

Guest Jon

Hi folks,

New guy into cutting vinyl. As in just got first machine (MH871) and just set up new laptop. That said, I'm fairly IT literate and am challenged with my attempts to bring more clipart into the base program that came with the cutter. It seems that the few clipart files that are included are included with the program are in a .vecpal file format. What the heck is that? I can seem to find anything on that being a recognized fie extension.

I tried to drop the files directly into C:\Program Files (x86)\FutureCorp\VinylMaster_USC\Resources\Clipart when I discovered the existing files were .vecpal. I know I will be moving on to different software programs in the future but, trying to get the most out of this one that I can before investing further.

Thanks!

Jon

when you import a clip art images into VM, you have to vectorize it and then you can save it in your folder

Guest Jon

Thanks crome.
I should have stated that the files already .eps so, they are already in a vectorized format. I would have thought that VM would recognize .eps files with no problem.

I still am not understanding the file extension of what is currently in clipart: Road signs general[1].vecpal

why not just import the file into vm to work on it?  part 2 just because it has a .eps doesn't mean someone didn't just save a raster image as a encapsolatedpostscript format

Guest Jon

I was able to import the entire sheet of various art pieces with no trouble. Then went through and remove what was not needed. Long way to go about it though. If I can figure out how to bring it into the clipart folder, then I should be able to select the design I need instead of pulling the whole world in.

I'll get her figured out. Thanks for the responses.

there was no other follow-up on this thread by the OP,  so no real way to tell what he ended up doing.

On 1/13/2017 at 6:00 PM, Guest Jon said:

Thanks crome.
I should have stated that the files already .eps so, they are already in a vectorized format. ....

For the record,  just because a file has a .eps extension does not automatically make it a vector graphic, or that it's cutter-ready.

• Like 1

Guest .vecpal

While we appreciate having 17000 clip arts, the fact that they are not searchable is ridiculous. 17000 vectors that you have to search by hand is way to time-consuming and defeats the purpose of even using your software. Its really a shame.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this