I am working on a proof for a customer and it will involve text going over an image. The text will extend outside of the image on both sides, all one color. So text inside the image will be relief cut. I cant figure out how to show that on the proof. Thanks in advance for the help. 

Like this? I use Inkscape, it has an Exclusion tool that removes the parts of two shapes that overlap. Don't know if VM has that or not. If not you can still do it using punch and weld.

Take your image and duplicate it then slide it off to the side. Punch the wording through the background image on one, and punch the back ground image through the wording on the other, then slide the two back together. You can then weld them if you want, but that's not necessary.

path4133.png

• Like 1

Watching that video, it appears VM has a combine tool, that may do what you want in one step. At time 1:48, the video selects the Weld tool, in that same menu there is a Combine tool, that judging from the icon of the tool it will do what you're after in a single step.

I'm not a VM user, just going from what I'm seeing in the video. If that doesn't do what I think it does, the punch method I described first will get the job done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Watching that video, it appears VM has a combine tool, that may do what you want in one step. At time 1:48, the video selects the Weld tool, in that same menu there is a Combine tool, that judging from the icon of the tool it will do what you're after in a single step.

I'm not a VM user, just going from what I'm seeing in the video. If that doesn't do what I think it does, the punch method I described first will get the job done.

You are correct, i figured it out just a bit ago! Thanks for all the help.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.