RCMelton82

Looking for my PERFECT Cutter...HELP?

Hey guys

I'm looking for a cutter. I need it to be at least 54 inch, work with FlexiPro, and have a cut pressure of at least 700g.

I was thinking the Titan 3 would be my cheapest option, but I've heard mixed reviews about whether it can work well with Flex or not. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

heck I was wondering on the down force - must be like sand blast resist or heavy 3m reflective

on the 54 inch cutter, I am hoping to get a 54 inch printer, and it seems like a waste to have a cutter that cant accomodate it.

as for the down force...thicker motocross graphics and lam. Ive been operating a Mutoh 1614 and Graphtec FC8600 64 inch...the Graphtec would only cut the motocross graphics on full force setting of 42, and it maxes at 600g downforce...

• Like 1

Two passes at a lighter setting is what I do when I find a situation like that. 

• Like 1

Hmmm. never thought of that. Never even noticed where I could set an option for that. Are you just hittin cut twice? lol

Wonder how much downforce I could get by with then.

I'm sure flexi will have multiple pass options somewhere. I use SignCut Pro and just set it at two passes. It took a few test cuts on scrap to figure out the sweet spot on pressure. The other little thing I would caution you on is the claimed down force is 750 but Chinese workmanship is notorious for being less accurate so I would wonder of that is actually up to par as compared to an FC machine. Even the True tangential Summa cutters only put out 600g force and they will chomp through some thick stuff. I am not knocking the Chinese but I tend to doubt the claim.