RCMelton82

HP DesignJet Z6100 ? Should I jump in, HELP?!?!?!

Hey guys

So I have had access to a Mutoh 1614 and Graphtec FC-8000 cutter for the last year. I learned how to use this equipment the hard way, messing a lot of stuff up and pulling my hair out in the process. However, I lost access to this equipment because a partner was going through a divorce and sold out.

ANYWAY

I'm now looking to get my own stuff...my focus is on the motocross industry, but I want the ability to do most other things as well. I talked to Paramount about financing equipment from US Cutter and they are trying to take me GOOD on the finance charges.

Located a Designjet Z6100 for super cheap in "good working condition" with a parts printer to go with it. I dont know anything about these...Will FlexiPro run them? Anything to be leary of?

Another option i've located is a HP 8000s...any ideas?

I appreciate all input and advice, thanks guys!

the z6100 is a water based ink and why you found it so cheap - for outdoor use you should look at solvent, latex or thermo resin type printers.

not sure on the z6100 - looks like they made a solvent printer (I don't even remember them being in the solvent business) first thing I would do is make sure it is solvent and then get a nozzle test pattern printed, third I would make sure you can even get heads for it anymore as the hp's are notorious for not supporting parts after a couple of years.

the water based inks have to use a specially coated vinyl and the coating sits on top of the vinyl - that is what breaks down even when laminated (saw it of a friends boat on the bridge on one he did) - so long term and for items for sale use the proper printer.  

you can order banners online so cheap that unless someone is in a big hurry it doesn't pay to turn the printer on for them - 

• Like 1

So if i DID jump on this Designjet Z6100, I'm trying to think of what I would be able to print... posters? Promotional indoor stickers?

posters and indoor pop would work fine, with special media like aqueous phototex you could do some wall type things and even canvas.