pareecustoms

Please Help

I have a us cutter MH-871 34". Been having this same issue since it came out the box. Cutter wont cut the complete design, completes the outline (most of the time) but i have to use my exacto knife to to make sure it weeds correctly. Ive played with the settings im cutting at low speed alot of pressure still missing way to much of my designs which arent very detailed. cuts perfectly fine with sign vinyl but not with heat transfer materials.

before you respond...new blades, grounded twice, using scal3, usb to cpu,  

i attached a photo of my latest issue and as you can see the design cuts perfectly on half the other half isnt even visible enough for me to go behind it. Please Help.

IMG_0530.JPG

can I say add to the overcut - pretty sure scalp has the overcut feature.   stepper motor cutters are infamous for leaving that little tag  - servos tend not to do that but the overcut will mask that

• Like 2

i have sclaps4pro running on a titan2 and havent had that issue with cut....What is your overcut set to? Mine is at 1.00mm and blade offset is .30mm  .these numbers are default  settings and i have never changed them...let me know.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pareecustoms said:

mark offset .64

mark size 2.00 cm

mark thickness .25

this is in scalps? i will check my scalps3 version

• Like 1

Yours are the same as mine...Jog Distance is .05 normal.......... .30 fast...... x and y resolution is 1.000............ Blade offset is .30mm over cut is 1.00 ( make sure it is check marked next to it)  Baud is 38400.............. mark type is 3(TL,TR,BR)  can you send me the file or make sure your image is joined or complete as one.....and make sure the software is registered to use otherwise it will not work either..

• Like 1

Just now, pareecustoms said:

yep scalp3....everything matches yours except my overcut is 3.5

take note of your settings and change it... do a simple test cut with both settings and see what it does..Untitled 1.jpg

keep in mind you two are comparing a servo titan2 to a course stepper mh series so setting will not be the same

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

keep in mind you two are comparing a servo titan2 to a course stepper mh series so setting will not be the same

Very true....could their possibly a image issue? or are those cutters just that way sometimes.

8 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

Very true....could their possibly a image issue? or are those cutters just that way sometimes.

i converted my image from psd to svg...everything is grouped together i cut lines are showing in preview properly.

From the image, and your description it sounds like you have two.

1. From the image it looks like it's cutting ok on the bottom, but not towards the middle/top. That could be a cutting strip problem. Is the strip worn/flattened down more in one place than the other?

2. From the image and your description, your cuts are not actually finishing. A small gap can be expected and the blade offset and over cut advice given above will help with that. But in the case of the K from your image, it's missing a large portion of the actual design. That seems like a software problem more so than hardware. If you could post the file you're working with we can take a look and let you know if there is anything wrong with it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

take note of your settings and change it... do a simple test cut with both settings and see what it does..Untitled 1.jpg

bro you saved my life and my money hahahaha thanks so much. tried these settings last night and made 40 shirts lol havent been to sleep yet. thanks man im in debt to you, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

awesome ...Glad i could help..so what all did you change ?

i changed the overcut to 1.00 and every cut has come out perfect since. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pareecustoms said:

i changed the overcut to 1.00 and every cut has come out perfect since. 

lol - covered in 2nd line 20 hrs ago

• Like 3