JP123

Roland Cutter Help With Identification of Model

SO I have found these 2 cutters for sale.  Same owner.  Nothing but the cutters and power cables.  I'm trying to identify them and their age.  The seller identifies them in the pictures, but I'm not sure if their description is correct based on images I've seen elsewhere...  They are identifying the first picture as a Roland PNC950 and the second picture as a CX24/12.  Could someone please let me know if that looks correct to you?  It doesn't to me, but I'm new to this!

Roland 1.jpg

Roland2.jpg

top one looks like the gx-24's I had  - the bottom one could be a cx24- been about 5 years or so since I played with one of those - if the older one make sure he has the cable for it as they are special and expensive - the gx24 had usb - not sure on the cx24

• Like 1

the gx24 is servo where the older rolands used a fine stepper motor that was ok but not as preferable as the servo

• Like 1

Thanks Dakotagrafx!  The first one looks like a gx-24 to me too!!  And, yes, the bottom one looks like the PNC, not the top and the top looks like a GX, not even a CX.  Either this person is trying to run a scam or is clueless.  Unfortunately, it's about a 2-3 hour drive for me to find out either way...lol.

I'm not interested in the PNC unless it's part of a package deal to recoup a little $ from the other one (if it's really a GX)

When Google searching the images, I see that the bottom one could be an old CX-24, but I don't see any way that the top is a PNC. 

I'd take the drive if I were you. Hands on and see if they run. Either one for the price you were talking in the other post would be superior to equal $$ spent on a Chinese cutter. (This is assuming they actually work good though)

21 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

I'd take the drive if I were you. Hands on and see if they run. Either one for the price you were talking in the other post would be superior to equal $$ spent on a Chinese cutter. (This is assuming they actually work good though)

SO...  Here's the update...

The "seller" (and I use that term lightly) was your typical Craigslist scammer.  Actually didn't have either of the cutters pictured.  Prior to driving a couple of hundred miles, I asked if I could get a picture of the serial numbers of each cutter "so I could determine which software I needed to get based on the age".  

I got a picture of a BEAT and blurry serial number that appeared to be from some really old piece of Roland equipment.  I politely replied..."thanks,can I please have a look at the other one pictured".  Their reply was the same picture.  I tried again... "Thanks again, I have that picture, but the one that's on the silver stand".  The reply was "there is no stand with either."  I, again said "OK... well, the one in the picture that's on the stand that's not included, that's the one I need the picture of..." And the response was "I don't have that one, my former partner kept it".  

So, at this point I'm beyond mad and I KNEW this was a scam the night before I posted here... I just felt it...

I fired off a couple of more messages pointing out that it was very obvious they were not being honest and all they said was "please stop hurting me with your words".

Sorry for the rant, but I've been trying to buy a cutter for several weeks.  I don't have the budget for a new servo machine, so I've tried every outlet and venue.  I've been lied to, told off when I asked for some measurements (since they claimed they didn't know the size), ignored... Just this morning I asked a seller if he bought a "6" year old Graphtec he was selling new and he replied that he "couldn't remember"!!!!!  I said "you can't remember?  I think I would remember if I spent over a thousand dollars on a piece of equipment if it was new or not. Did you take it out of a box after you purchased it?" and he asked if there was anything else he could help me with and I had to say no.  AND... best of all... tonight I drive an hour away to meet up with someone.  They never show up!

I've never had such a hard time giving money away in my life!!!!!

• Like 1

I was selling a solvent printer a year ago - the guys drove from New Jersey (3 guys in a van) and didn't bring the money as specified - they thought I would make an exception and let them wire me the money - that didn't work so well for them and they spent several hrs finding the money.  all the while I had a person here for back up (former special forces) and the sheriff Sargent that lives across the road stop by to check in on how things were going (and kept texting to check in on progress) .  not sure if it was on the up and up but I was very nervous and glad I had set up the precautions.  On top of all that I knew they would return to NJ thru ohio - my wifes cousin was the sheriff of the county they would travel thru, so I took the money directly to my bank and made sure everything was smooth before they made it that far.    dealing with other people on expensive equipment is not always smooth and can be nerve wracking and frustrating.   With that said I have also had some good smooth transactions - it is a crap shoot.   stay safe and stay protected.

• Like 1

Thanks again for the words of encouragement!    

I've been in business for myself... and online specifically... for over 12 years.  Never have I had these types of issues until recently.  It just seems that in the past 2 years or so, things have radically changed.  Suppliers no longer ship on time, no longer ship what you order, don't care either way.  People who were friends for years now have no problem stealing my products or suppliers either.  All for what?  A quick buck?

Individual buyers (customers) and sellers have no decency, honesty or respect for themselves, much less others. I had a guy, yesterday, want me to make him a logo.  I asked what the primary use would be so I could figure out some basic design ideas.  He said decals, but he "has a friend who uses Vivvid vinyl" so he can get the decals "basically for free".  I said... "then that's the guy you need to make the logo!  If that doesn't work, perhaps Fiverr.com will work for you."  What the heck???

Shortsightedness is a real epidemic.  Either that or money is so easy to come by these days that people just don't care.  Unfortunately, nobody told me where they parked the armored truck.

• Like 1

Glad you figured them out before they screwed you over. I have had a few do similar. 

• Like 2