Dakotagrafx

every year we remind people to do their back ups

and I thought I had them done - well it was my turn in the barrel this time.  now warning and not recoverable files at all even if put in as a slave.   was the design computer so personal files are fine, customers files are fine but the main drive with quicken, etc - dead, absolutely dead this morning. :(

so you know what I am doing all day for a couple of days - got the old drive out from last years exchange and brought it back to 6 months ago and hope it holds till the new WD Black comes in

been there done that.Cost me 250 to get my files etc off my computer that fried,,Thank god i got lucky..Now i run 2 external hard drives for back ups for my new laptop..

• Like 1

Back-up the back-ups too...I had a back up drive go bad about 18 months ago....

Paid $99 to get the files off....a small amount were unrecoverable though.

Sue2

I have about 5 external drives, the NAS and a extra drive in the printer computer I use for back up- thing is I have to actually do it  - and usually I know when a drive is dying.  did my back ups after the trip and not since and a lot of stuff has happened in that time frame

3 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

been there done that.Cost me 250 to get my files etc off my computer that fried,,Thank god i got lucky..Now i run 2 external hard drives for back ups for my new laptop..

I do the same thing. Plus, I have a VB Script that I wrote that I run at least once a week to sync my data from computer to the back up drives.

• Like 2

goodsync is great program, it's not free but it has saved my a$$ a few times.

Backs up to iCloud, Dropbox, FTP etc

• Like 1