Guest Obbed

Cant find psn location

Guest Obbed

i have tried every single number on my mh 871-mk2 to get the vinylmaster download put it keeps on saying it is invalid not sure where to look for it or why is it invalid

• Like 1

you need a number for vinylmaster and not any number on your plotter.  if you purchased it from usc give them a call before they close

The PSN is the Product Serial Number.

This is the "Key" that comes with the software that you are using. Mine was on a card labelled "Product Key" with a yellow sticker with the numbers on it.

This is what you need.

Guest Passed off purchaser

Same issue with my new cutter arrived Friday night no PSN number- they are closed all weekend. I will be sending it back and ordering a more reliable brand

7 minutes ago, Guest Passed off purchaser said:

Same issue with my new cutter arrived Friday night no PSN number- they are closed all weekend. I will be sending it back and ordering a more reliable brand

did you check all the packaging for the card and all emails sent by uscutter for the number or card?  going to be expensive to send back instead of waiting till they open monday

Guest Robin H

WHY did I not open the box before today???  I have been looking forward all week to spending the entire weekend with my new cutter.  I have so many t-shirts and rolls of vinyl and foil that I can hardly move around.  And I'm so excited getting everything the stand assembled and cutter mounted.  I then read how to get the software and there you have it... no green card, no card at all.  All that was in the box was the screws, blades, power, usb and serial cables.  Nothing in my emails.  Nothing on my invoice that was emailed to me.  No printed invoice in the box.

While it's not the end of the world, being let down like this really.... REALLY sucks.  

USCutter gets all these good reviews, which is what led me to their product.  But yet so many people say the same thing that there's no PSN number to download the software with.  How can they forget such an important item time, after time, after time?  And no way to get this resolved over the weekend.

So, no obviously I'm not going to ship this cutter back over something like this.  But I absolutely won't be supporting this company by buying blades, vinyl, tape and other supplies.

1 hour ago, Guest Robin H said:

WHY did I not open the box before today???  I have been looking forward all week to spending the entire weekend with my new cutter.  I have so many t-shirts and rolls of vinyl and foil that I can hardly move around.  And I'm so excited getting everything the stand assembled and cutter mounted.  I then read how to get the software and there you have it... no green card, no card at all.  All that was in the box was the screws, blades, power, usb and serial cables.  Nothing in my emails.  Nothing on my invoice that was emailed to me.  No printed invoice in the box.

While it's not the end of the world, being let down like this really.... REALLY sucks.  

USCutter gets all these good reviews, which is what led me to their product.  But yet so many people say the same thing that there's no PSN number to download the software with.  How can they forget such an important item time, after time, after time?  And no way to get this resolved over the weekend.

So, no obviously I'm not going to ship this cutter back over something like this.  But I absolutely won't be supporting this company by buying blades, vinyl, tape and other supplies.

which cutter and software did you purchase?

Robin H, while you wait you might go ahead and download Inkscape (free to all) and begin the arduous task of learning vector art. If you have a design built and ready to cut I think you can still get a 7 day free trial of SignCut Pro and you can get up and running for the interim. 

The program you got with your cutter is only one of many options available for design or cutting. I am a dedicated Adobe Illustrator design guy myself and use the SignCut Pro program as my cutting tool of choice. Most of the new cutters are either coming with Sure Cuts a Lot or Vinyl Master. VM is a much more robust program and has a regular tech on the forum to help newbies out. Hopefully you have VM that would be my suggestion if asked. 

You may find (if you give it a chance) that USCutter, while yes they are closed on weekends, offers by far the best support and product services of any of the suppliers out there. I realize there are hiccups now and again but they have always been more than helpful and supportive when given the chance. I am a mod here on the forum but not a company employee. I run a little side business out of my home and have switched over pretty much exclusively to USC after finding them and having good success, let alone great pricing. 

Guest ticked

Just got mine in as well, on late Friday, and guess what, NO CARD WITH KEY, and it will not take the serial number off the machine, so I also have a pile of merchandise sitting here for the whole weekend that I can do nothing with. Yes, that royally pisses me off. If I could send it back I would, just for the principle of it because its obviously an ongoing problem that I am sure they are well aware of, yet they haven't bothered to fix it. I've never dealt with this company before. I've heard they are great. But from what I see from the very start I am more than dissatisfied, disgusted and downright very very ticked off. Mainly because they know its a problem yet still send it this way to new customers. First impressions are lasting. They just ruined their rep with me.

8 minutes ago, Guest ticked said:

Just got mine in as well, on late Friday, and guess what, NO CARD WITH KEY, and it will not take the serial number off the machine, so I also have a pile of merchandise sitting here for the whole weekend that I can do nothing with. Yes, that royally pisses me off. If I could send it back I would, just for the principle of it because its obviously an ongoing problem that I am sure they are well aware of, yet they haven't bothered to fix it. I've never dealt with this company before. I've heard they are great. But from what I see from the very start I am more than dissatisfied, disgusted and downright very very ticked off. Mainly because they know its a problem yet still send it this way to new customers. First impressions are lasting. They just ruined their rep with me.

did you check the confirmation emails from when you ordered it to see if they included the number that way - when I bought the titan2 a few years back that is how I got mine

So while you are writing this,  why don't you download the trial version and get to work. until you get the code?  You could have already been working.  The trial versions are available for both Vinyl Master and Sure Cuts A lot.,and Signcut. which ever you chose.  Many people still just like the FREE version of Signblazer and have been using it for years, as long as you have Windows PC.  You have more options, you just didn't seek those options out, Instead of throwing some childish tantrum, you could have just asked the forum what you could do until you got the Key. Super nice people here, who volunteer their time to help...With that attitude for a business, you might as well send the cutter back now, and nobody here will care. You won't last long. This job requires patience, 

• Like 3

On 7/22/2017 at 11:08 PM, Guest ticked said:

now would be a good time to call usc and get this resolved!

Guest Sethlan

If you ordered your cutter, throught Amazon, like i did, check your email from amazon, the number will be included there, hope that helps.

where on amazon did you find this? I'm not finding anything in box or in emails about the PSN =\ over 48 hours and nothing from submitting a ticket either.

On 12/6/2017 at 5:56 PM, lordgufi said:

where on amazon did you find this? I'm not finding anything in box or in emails about the PSN =\ over 48 hours and nothing from submitting a ticket either.

You sent a ticket to who?   

"If you have problems activating automatically, you must use this web site and generate an Activation Code. The Name and Serial information is obtained from your purchase confirmation e-mail. The Site Code is obtained by running the program and choosing "Activate.." and checking the "Activate Manually" option."

Try this   http://www.craftedge.com/activation/activate.html

they ended up forwarding the email i should have gotten from amazon. all is well. too bad i had already bought the LMR version of the software though. doesnt matter, i can cut now and things are going well. 

• Like 1

If you have installed the October 2017 build or update your PSN is now available from the Help (menu) in the main porgram.

So in VinylMaster click the Help (menu) and then click About.

i have seemed to have misplaced my PSN as well... I have tried to check the help menu and then looked in the about section. no serial number given. however, when you hover over your name in the "registered to", it gives a partial serial number....only missing the last 8 digits... :(

20 minutes ago, vicr1972 said:

i have seemed to have misplaced my PSN as well... I have tried to check the help menu and then looked in the about section. no serial number given. however, when you hover over your name in the "registered to", it gives a partial serial number....only missing the last 4 digits... :(

Can't help you with this, but why not put your serial  numbers/ passwords, important stuff in your email  drafts,?  Easy to get to.  I keep everything there for easy access.  Put the title what your saving.  

There are four (4) ways to retrieve your PSN, as follows:

(1) If you have bought the software, or installed an update anytime after October 2017 your PSN is now available from the About Window.

To open About ckick the Help (menu) in the main window and then click About.

image.png.40e3280f69b9cdab6f33e004b8669e9c.png

(2) If your software is older than October 2017, you can find your PSN using Windows Explorer on your computer:

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\FutureCorp and you will see the name of the program, open this folder and double click on DefaultPaths.INI

For example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\FutureCorp\**Name of your Software**\DefaultPaths.INI

If you have installed to another hard drive on your computer such as D or E etc. then substitute that drive letter with C:\ (above)

Inside DefaultPaths.INI You will see this information near the bottom of the data:

PSN=

The number listed is your PSN.

(3) If you have not activated the software, then only USCutter will have your PSN and you must contact them to retrieve your PSN.

(4) If you do not have access to your computer, you can request to retrieve your PSN, please fill in this form:

Request to Retrieve PSN

• Like 1

thank you very much! yes i did activate prior to 10/17.

thank you for the support. this helps a lot and now can upgrade! WOOHOO!! :)

also, can i share this with the facebook groups for vinylmaster?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.