I have a problem when cutting anything that has a fairly sharp corner. Every time, the corner lifts up off the backing. This normally isn't an issue, but several times, the blade has hit the corner sticking up and cut it off completely. Is there a setting or something that I need to change, or is that just how vinyl is?

that usually happens when too much of the blade is sticking out.OIr it could also be a dirty/gummed up blade.

John is right. I is a common thing with all cutters. My Roland does it as well.

Another thing you should do is take the blade holder out, push the magnetic rod in, take the blade out. Put a drop or two of rubbing alcohol on a lint free cloth and clean the flat surface of the blade holder.

Sometimes if the bottom of the blade holder is dirty or sticky from the glue on the vinyl backing, when the carriage sends the blade down with a sticky holder (and it makes contact with the vinyl) it will appear to you that the blade depth is wrong and the vinyl lifts or tears. Solution ... clean the blade and holder.

Please not this happens with most cutters (Rloland, Grapghtech and so on) and should be considered a weekly routine maintenance procedure.

Guest Terry

I only get from some vinyl, or if speed to fast.