JuliaTN

Weeding work light?

Do you have a particular light that you use? Whether a brand or a style or just a I-use-a-lamp-without-a-lampshade sort of thing. 

I work next to a huge window with an overhead light in the middle of the (very large) room. I often find myself squinting/leaning over/leaning forward to see where the cuts are when I'm weeding - especially if it's white or black vinyl. Any recommendations for a particular light or angle-onto-the-workspace to use so that I don't end up a contortionist? 

my main area is a 4x6 table with a 4 bulb florescent fixture over it with daylight bulbs 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2017 at 6:24 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

my main area is a 4x6 table with a 4 bulb florescent fixture over it with daylight bulbs 

Same setup I have

1 of my unfinished projects right now is a table like Primals. also making a smaller rolling 2x4 table.  right now in the back room where I'm setting up all my vinyl I have the florescent lights in the and a 4 ft hanging  over the table. when I'm working up ft at the counter I have an led flexible floor lamp

On 1/13/2017 at 6:31 AM, JuliaTN said:

@Primal Decals, did you just build a basic light box with fluorescents inside? Does it backlight the cuts? 

depending on color ,it will light up the cuts.But i also have another led light hanging up above that will make the cuts stand out if the table wont..it really helps alot .. yes just a basic light box out of 2x4 and sign board that recesses 1/4 for the glass and  3 2'x2' LED panels ran by remote control so i can turn on all or the one i need only.. built from thoughts in my head lol..

• Like 1