I got a MH 871-MK2 for Christmas, and I'm having  trouble with doing monograms!  I have No clue what I'm doing wrong. How do I make it cut as one decal? I  can cut a name or design but if anything overlaps, like the vine monogram it totally starts messing up.    Please Help Me!

Each program is a little different in methodology to get to the same finish product. What design program are you working with? Make sure you are selecting all the elements at the same time. Some need to have the lettering converted to outlines before they will weld with other elements. 

• Like 1

I'm using Vinyl Master Cut 4.0 that came with my cutter, and the Monogram design I purchased from Etsy and it is a SVG Document. The design shows as a outline.

Edited by Seaside Embroidery
making it clear

I take it that you are still struggling. I use mostly AI to do designs but have access to VM Pro. Things are not all the same within the various versions but I will take a look when I get around that computer and see if there is something obvious that you are missing. You might post a Question in the Vinyl Master section. There has been good regular tech support there lately and they will be more precise than I can be due to my lack of skills with VM. I plan to play with it more this winter and get better so I can help out more effectively but have been too swamped to dedicate any time to it yet. 

If you could take a screen shot of what your monogram looks like in both normal view and wireframe view that might give us a better idea as to what is happening. Or post the SVG file and we can take a look at it and try to figure out why when you hit weld it disappears.

Also, if the monogram is just a simple vine font, you could create it yourself rather than buying it from some one. There are several vine fonts for free, just need to install one and start playing around with it.

• Like 1

I know I've gotten some fonts from etsy that are pretty messed up.  

They're designed with weird stroke techniques and there were a few other weird things I found.  

So it might be a problem with the way the svg file is made.   

etsy was started as a way for people to sell crafts they make - not all items on etsy are a professional product like stated above.  IMHO  know your source and buy from a reputable dealer - or like darcshadow suggest use a font to make your own

Just to be clear, you are selecting all the objects before hitting the weld button, correct? Does the weld option work for other files or shapes you draw yourself? No idea why it wouldn't work with this file, but it could be something weird with the svg.

FYI, that font appears to be from the Vine Monograms Font Family from Harold's Fonts. Don't know what you spent already, but you can buy the font for $20 and make as many different monograms as you like.

http://www.fontbros.com/families/vine-monograms/?code=harold

• Like 1

Yes, I do select all the letters before I hit the weld button, and I tried welding some random shapes together and they work fine. I paid $10 for a pkg. of fonts.

I will check on buying  the $20 Package. It will be worth spending a little not to be frustrated. Thank you for the suggestion.

We did a test run in AI and the file is fine. Something silly probably keeping it from working properly. Surely the Cut version will weld. 

He/she sent me the letters, and it will not weld in Corel Draw X7 either. I converted to curves broke apart etc., and it still won't weld

14 hours ago, Seaside Embroidery said:

Yes, I do select all the letters before I hit the weld button, and I tried welding some random shapes together and they work fine. I paid $10 for a pkg. of fonts.

I will check on buying  the $20 Package. It will be worth spending a little not to be frustrated. Thank you for the suggestion.

Judging from the screen shot it appears you bought a file that contains individual letters, and from the image of the letters it appears to be that Harold's Vine Font I mentioned above. Don't know for sure, but to me, this seems like a copyright violation on the seller's part. Appears what they have done is bought the font, then typed out each letter/symbol, converted them to shapes rather than a font and saved the file off in multiple formats. Just for future reference, be wary of "fonts" that are not an actual font format, .TTF or .OTF are the two most common.

• Like 1

My niece has the same font pack and so do I, mine welds fine in corel draw, and yes you import each letter, it is not a typable font

13 hours ago, mfatty500 said:

He/she sent me the letters, and it will not weld in Corel Draw X7 either. I converted to curves broke apart etc., and it still won't weld

All three worked fine in AI so not sure what's up with that.