adam2342

US CUTTER MH871-MK2 settings for fine printing

Hey any advice on the what should my settings be if I want to cut vinyl to go on a champagne glass ( like wedding glasses with the name on it)

something like the attached files.

Also is there any special way to weed these without all the letters raising off?

0743dcad7ae880ca5953aea431e25d3b.jpg

1987ea667f74e7b279c6375a785c6fa4.jpg

use good quality vinyl and take your time weeding them

on the settings it will require a lot of testing and adjusting your particular cutter to get the best cut.  using the least possible blade exposure, adding to your overcut will help but on a value cutter it will take a lot of trial and error to dial it in.  I remember my days doing stuff like that on a value cutter and it will teach you a lot about adjusting for optimum cut . . . thank god for servo cutters now.

You could apply the vinyl to the glass and then weed it. Making a few relief cuts in the vinyl as you apply it will help it lay flat.

Once you get the cut right, weeding shouldn't be too hard. The examples you posted don't appear to be that small and shouldn't be too hard. I know I've done smaller on my MH. Getting the Blade depth correct is the key, that and software that can do overcut and you should be good to go.

• Like 1