Primal Decals

font around a circle text on path

So for the first time i have a job that requires font to go around a 10 inch circle,but the lettering will be at 10 inches width/height radius not the circle itself..I have ai and scalps4pro and for the life of me i can not get it to work right or look right..In scalps it distorts the letters to much, and in ai cs6/cc i can get my text to work on a path but cant figure out how to stretch it to the length i need and also make it look correct..I hope someone has a simple answer.. The words are BIKERS AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM,   here is what im trying to do... this was sent from my customer.the person who originally made the design passed on and they cant get the file,so im working off a crappy jpeg to get them going again. im alomst done except the name arched as it needs..There will not be a black back ground ,so if you changed all the white to a solid color and remove the black ,that is what the final image will be except the logo in the center. And the logo is hidden till finished.

Untitled-4.jpg

Franklin Gothic Heavy or similar,,I appreciate your help but i also want to learn how to do it also . i know im close but just missing something im sure.. Thank you,,If you do help please provide the steps lol... I will help you if you ever need it if i know  how lol..Ive got alot down but some things i just havent done yet like this..Just remember it needs to be no wider than 10inches if im explaining correctly..

ya eps will work in ai no problem..Thank you , i will open it up and see how it works with the size im working with...I do have corel x7  but i have been using ai since i seemed to learn it faster even tho i got them both at the same time lol..  Can you provide steps ? oh and just in case it needs tweaking on length, how would i go about doing that as long as it doesnt distort anything...Once again thank you  very much ..

• Like 1

The up and down arrow is distance from the circle. - is inside, + is outside. The right arrow is position on the circle.

That circle is 10 inch.

Hope that helps

Well the customer decided he wanted the text bigger ans make the logo smaller so the main group name pops more in size,so i attempted to figure it out in Corel and in ai cs6/cc and i just cant get it. so i do need some links to go learn how to do it or someone to post instructions.. Im frustrated as it is lol..I really want to do it in since im way better in there than corel..I dont like the work around in corel but will use it if all fails..Thank you in advance again..

Primal. In AI I usually make a circle and then cut it into two halves so the lower text can be written properly. Just snip the circle in the area between the words you want to have going the other direction. Then select one or the other and do a text on a path. Just type it out and then get out of the type mode and select: Type> Type on a Path> Type on a path options and it will open up a little box that you can decide whether to flip it and align to center (which usually works best if doing a top and bottom that need to look good together). I usually leave the effect on Rainbow which is a strange name but the effect you are usually looking for. If you get stuck let me know and I'll help you further. 

As far as length you can still adjust all the font tools like learning and tracking and such until you are satisfied and then convert it to outlines to cut. It's still live text until you outline it then you're stuck with it or have to start over. 

Ok thank you. i will give 'r  a try. Thank you as always Wildgoose. not sure why this is beating me up so bad lol..i will update this good or bad lol

ok i think i got it after following your guide. I cant believe there is more than i knew lol..i will  see how he likes it .Thanks a bunch.May your family have a great new year..Thank you.Dwayne

• Like 1