Sign in to follow this  
funkyjunk

5 in 1 swing away

While I was initially hesitant to purchase the 5 in 1, decided it would be a good 'start up' machine.  I am now thinking, just 3 hours after opening box, that I made a huge mistake. 

The control panel is CHEAP, the bottom arrow takes you to the next setting, the top arrow makes temp go down, the 'clear' button increases temp and I can't get it to stay on F...it keeps resetting to C. I am terribly disappointed that I can't even attempt to make ONE SHIRT!!!!

and I would suggest you use the search button on this forum and research purchases to prevent this from happening in the future.  

No one on this whole forum would of suggested that press.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Go-C Graphics said:

and I would suggest you use the search button on this forum and research purchases to prevent this from happening in the future.  

No one on this whole forum would of suggested that press.  

Yuuup! Go-C is right. There are a lot of good start-up options, that's just not one of them. I have not seen a combo machine that does any of the other options well anyways so you would be better off spending that extra money on a better single use machine like a budget swing model or a decent clam that has a center point load to handle thicker garments. If you want to do mugs do some research and you'll find better options and if you want to do caps buy a dedicated cap press (of which I highly recommend either a Stahls' version (Hotronix or Hot On) with interchangeable lower platens or the Geo Knight looks well built too. You get what you pay for with cap presses. 

The fact that it is messed up is probably going to be a blessing in disguise so you can give it back with less hassle.