Trooper_vinyl_solutions

Hello from San Antonio

Hello all, new to the vinyl world in terms of cutting my own. I had some questions but I was already able to answer some of them for now using the search feature. Hoping to get better and grow and learn with the help of the more experienced.

I am running a USCUTTER MH-721 28" w/VinylMaster Cut v4. I also have photoshop but am clueless how to use it, I would like to get CorelDraw as well. 

Question: 

I have a large cut job that I had to split into 4 sections, then I will have to align them when I apply them, how can I make sure they will align properly and not be different size pieces? I have the full image but I used a program and split the image into 4's evenly. Each piece will have to be 10h x 17w. I'm probably thinking about this way more then I have to. 

Thanks guys! 

And here is my car, the vinyl work was done by someone else (whom I'll never name or use again), which is why I decided to get into it so I can do my own work. 

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

On 12/23/2016 at 1:16 PM, Trooper_vinyl_solutions said:

Hello all, new to the vinyl world in terms of cutting my own. I had some questions but I was already able to answer some of them for now using the search feature. Hoping to get better and grow and learn with the help of the more experienced.

I am running a USCUTTER MH-721 28" w/VinylMaster Cut v4. I also have photoshop but am clueless how to use it, I would like to get CorelDraw as well. 

Question: 

I have a large cut job that I had to split into 4 sections, then I will have to align them when I apply them, how can I make sure they will align properly and not be different size pieces? I have the full image but I used a program and split the image into 4's evenly. Each piece will have to be 10h x 17w. I'm probably thinking about this way more then I have to. 

Thanks guys! 

And here is my car, the vinyl work was done by someone else (whom I'll never name or use again), which is why I decided to get into it so I can do my own work. 

Welcome from Michigan - why not just cut it as a full 20"x34" piece?

PS photoshop is mainly a raster graphics program