homesteadstencilco

BEST SOFTWARE REPLACEMENT

Hey Y'all I am new here SO please excuse my ignorance~

I have been using Sign Blazer for almost 10 yrs... I realize it is no longer available , and I am looking to the future of my business so I am not left out to dry when the time comes and I can no longer use the SB program ... I am looking to get a new design program and need certain features.. I do not want to pay and are and 4 legs, but need input  so I have landed here for you guys expert info... I have never used anything but the Sign Blazer program so YEAH not to savvy so please bare with me ~

I need a program that I can import SVG or EPS

I need it to be able to save my files as EPS OR SVG as well

I need a program I can EXPORT JPG or photo in order to show my customer their previews

I need a weld, a slice and a distort feature

any suggestions or input is welcomed

Good morning, Those of us who are die-hard SignBlazer users (and Jerry Bonham certainly made a tremendous contribution in our lives with his program) are desperately trying to cling to that application.

The USCUTTER company did a very good thing by partnering with VinylMaster (Future corp.) --  it's a bit of a challenge to learn the new program, but worthwhile in the long run, I feel.

It has WELD (Object menu). It has Distortions (Flag wave, Cylinder, 2D) and I'm not sure what you mean by "Slice" --  all the other stuff you mentioned it certainly accomplishes easily.

You can download a demo version and play around with the design portion -- it won't cut, however

http://www.iifuture.com/vmdemo/Ord_FreeTrial_VM_01_FC.html

Thank You SOOOOO much... I have 7 cutters and 7 computers the sign blazer is currently on.. so I am not in the desperate mode at the moment , but God forbid I should ever get there... lol I am planning ahead for a smooth transition as I realize it is forthcoming.... even 5 yrs down the line...

as far as SLICE. currently I use the Square feature in Sblazer and then use Signblazer white and weld to hold the middle of my lettering in such as P O R D B A Q and such ( making a stencil) and then WELD...I am sure it will do it just a matter of figuring it all out ...

Thanks So much for your help

VM is a nice program...you will probably like it.

But, I usually use CorelDraw for the designing part and only cut from VM or Sign Blazer.

Sue2

• Like 1

I have 7 cutters and 7 computers

Uh-oh! Each Vinyl Master activation code will ONLY work on a single computer hooked up to a cutter.

Furthermore, while there is a Weld feature on the basic version, what you need for Slicing is "punch through weld" and that is available only with the more advanced versions.

Here's what I would do --  install INKSCAPE (opensource vector editor, similar to Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw) and there is a PATH editing function called "Difference" which will create your slices through lettering, and then you can copy-paste the result right into SignBlazer for cutting.

SignBlazer will live forever!

Yep Heres Primal lol...I use SCALPS4rpo ( sure cuts alot ) craftedge.com  .I have tried Vm,signblazer etc etc And i will still back SCALPS .Along with AI these 2 programs rock..

7 hours ago, slice&dice said:

I have 7 cutters and 7 computers

Uh-oh! Each Vinyl Master activation code will ONLY work on a single computer hooked up to a cutter.

Furthermore, while there is a Weld feature on the basic version, what you need for Slicing is "punch through weld" and that is available only with the more advanced versions.

Here's what I would do --  install INKSCAPE (opensource vector editor, similar to Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw) and there is a PATH editing function called "Difference" which will create your slices through lettering, and then you can copy-paste the result right into SignBlazer for cutting.

SignBlazer will live forever!

My daughter did the trial version and LOVES it.. she had it up and going in 15 min . she is the BRAIN around here... but found she did need  the upgraded versions ... but seem to do fine...Still got to make the purchase but trial was enough to know if it was what she wanted to go with...

What am I missing here?

you have 7 cutters running on 7 computers. I get that part. Not cheap even for the cheap cutters.

You will not pay for software, but it has to have everything you want. I am lost on this part.

I don't get it.

Please explain.

• Like 2

+1 for Inkscape, and with the new cut extension it is an all in one program, although the cut abilities are a bit lacking it's the only free cutting program I have been able to find.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:40 PM, bikemike said:

What am I missing here?

you have 7 cutters running on 7 computers. I get that part. Not cheap even for the cheap cutters.

You will not pay for software, but it has to have everything you want. I am lost on this part.

I don't get it.

Please explain.

Bikemike I am willing to pay for a great program, just not $4000.00 and only have one use( 1cutter+1 computer) combo... I want a good program that will do what I need, but not break the bank... I know there are a lot on the market and just so unsure about which one ... I don't have an immediate ( like as in next week emergency) so kind of just searching for the future...

I am also debating on vinyl master and downloaded the demo, pretty cool.  Does anyone know if it is compatible with ioline I don't see that cutter listed in the demo version.  I also wondered will it convert my designs I have in SB file format

I would start a new thread in the vinylmaster section and ask them - they monitor that area and are great on answering - I only have the uscutter version so it is limited on what plotters it list but they have other versions