Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

Signblazer font question

How do I... or is there even a way?  

Let's say I have a font that has 'regular, bold, italic'..... When in sign blazer I can only choose the default "regular" font.  How do I choose say the bold version?  It's frustrating.  I have to go to corel....do text there then export then import.

Thanks in advance for any help or light shed on the subject.

I think the BOLD version and italic versions should be installed in your Windows system Font file, before you see them in SB?

1 hour ago, Jburns said:

I think the BOLD version and italic versions should be installed in your Windows system Font file, before you see them in SB?

They are installed.  That is why I have to go to corel to use them.  Then export the needed text and import the word/sentence into SB.

1 hour ago, mb20music said:

I don't have that issue with SB, if I am understanding you correctly... LOL

So when your in signblazer, and you go to use text..... lets say Arial font, in your list of fonts it shows Arial, Arial bold, Arial italic?  Mine does not for some reason.  Mine just shows Arial.

hmmm. Here is a screenshot of mine - I don't see italic or bold either. But Ariel bold and Ariel italic aren't loaded in my system FONTS file in the C drive.

Sb Screenshot.jpg

SignBlazer doesn't have the option to select Bold or Italic.

For italics, you SLANT the font.

For bold, you create an outline (Manipulate menu -- Expand outline) with no offset. You also may need to Edit (kern) the text to allow for room between letters for the bold effect, so the thicker letters don't crash into each other.