flaviudat

Redsail RS720C jagged some edges

I have a 5 months old buyed brand new plotter REDSAIL RS720C. Like you see in the picture attached I have a problem with it and nobody in my country know what to do with it to work perfectly. It makes on the design (photo attached are 6 cm long) very jagged edges (zipper edges) and don’t know why. It is possible that all of this type of cutter are doing the same thing keeping in mind that are the economycal plotters. I‘ve been changed the blades, blade holder, even the teflon band, the Computer, the operating system and the softwares (using now Flexisign 10.5.0 PRO) and have the same results. It is possible to be the Motherboard or the chip STD on it, or the belt is too lose? Please, please x10000times to give me a hand to tell me your opinion about it. Thank you very much.

20161215_011617.jpg

what if you just cut a circle and square ? - by that picture it looks like the machine is zigzagging on angles - X and Y is not moving at a steady rate simultaneously - bad control board or faulty motor calibration

if it doesn't do that on other designs then it could be really bad vector art

Thank you for your implication. The image showed here is only a little vector up and a font down. It is doing the same thing with an ordinary circle. It is not doing only when straight lines are asked. So, on circle, on oblic lines, curved....everything is messed up. The square is perfect.

SignTorch what can I do for calibrating the motors if there is the problem? For the board , I will change it if necessary.

yes, the vectors look ok - that's probably a hardware issue - if there is a way to correct the trajectory like that, I wouldn't know where to look - or what to do...

I've just ordered a new motherboard for my plot. Hope will be ok. Spoke with a "service man" who manage only Redsail plotters and he told me that on step by step motors is no way to recalibrate. Only the boar is doing that. After his opinion, the only thing that could cause this problem is the board and only the board. So here are 2 people saying the same thing (SignTorch and the "service man"), seeing that, I thought that the right choice is to buy a new one. I'll write here the news on this weekend for the other people with the same problem. All my respect SignT.

yep - that's a peculiar problem - on the bright side it looks like the plotter cuts good even while making all those zigzags

I've changed the main board, but with no positive results. Remain to change my plotter I think. Anyway bigger designs have no problems, but little ones, are a disaster. :(

Maybe slow the cutter down. I know on mine if I try to run it to fast I can get a stair-step kind of cut on diagonal lines.

I know I'm chiming in late here --  since so many of the possible causes have been already dealt with, I'm left with just suggesting the (lower) grit rollers are loose on their axle. There are a few allen-type screws holding them onto the axle, make sure they're tight.