MetG

Need some help - Novice

Hello,

I'm in the need of some help cant really figure it out. I don't do things as a business and only really use my cutter for doing paint masks,

But anyway a friend of mine has asked me to cut a sticker for him, he had someone design it for him, its in an eps file, but every time I open it, it wont open and claims theres no vector there!

Don't know what to do with it.

Can anyone help or make a new file for it?

I know I need to develop my skills more to be able to make things, but I'm no pro; is there any programs out there that can help besides learning photoshop.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

kuruma .eps

Kuruma Logo.jpg

It's not your skills at issue here....

this isn't a vector...it's a raster image.

Sue2

The eps file I'm guessing you mean.

How do I rectify this into something I can cut?

I wanna help the guy out hes been taken for a ride with someone.

2 hours ago, MetG said:

The eps file I'm guessing you mean.

How do I rectify this into something I can cut?

I wanna help the guy out hes been taken for a ride with someone.

You can convert your file into a vector using Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape. There are also some online utilities that can convert a png or jpg to a vector.

If you feel like learning, the fonts used are 911 Porscha for the small text and Hong Kong Hustle for the large text. You can install them, type the text in those fonts, size and align the text, add a star, and voila! It will most likely come out better than if you convert the image.

http://www.dafont.com/search.php?text=uRMA&q=porscha

http://www.dafont.com/search.php?text=uRMA&q=Hong+kong+hustle

• Like 3

Hey there Metg --  you were just handed the best Christmas gifts of all Christmas gifts by jmas!!!!

Learning and recognizing FONTS is a bit like magic. With the right font, you can go far in this world.

Peace. (Terrific thread, BTW)

• Like 2

Thank you so much guys,

How you can recognize the font is beyond me, theres thousands.

Like I say my skills are limited but I will start and learn programs to help, I dont intend to do anything business with it, I work full time but I'm always eager to learn new skills. I have inkscape, but don't know how to fully utalize it, something to learn I guess.

Picture is what I mainly do with it.

But if I can make that one for my friend it will make his day.

Thanks and have a jolly christmas.

Paul

IMAG7856.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/20/2016 at 10:11 AM, MetG said:

How you can recognize the font is beyond me, theres thousands.

I use this program http://www.findmyfont.com/ although I'd recognize the porsche font anywhere because it's very distinctive and I've worked with it before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmas said:

I use this program http://www.findmyfont.com/ although I'd recognize the porsche font anywhere because it's very distinctive and I've worked with it before.

Yep Find MY Font is amazing and very simple and it does find almost every font out there except custom drawn..

Grrr want to kick someone in the crotch like area.

I have managed to redesign the logo and my friend is happy with it. Managed to cut a few then the file decides it doesnt want to open anymore.

After a lengthy debate with SC Pro they say the file shouldn't have been cutting and offered this solution:

"file and in Illustrator save it as AI-format version 8-0
it will work to open then as Illustrator "

Can someone convert it for me, I haven't got illustrator yet - I've remade the design and learning a bit but I'm stuck now with this problem and cant move forward. I'm looking into buying illustrator but at the price it is, it's not gonna be something I get today.

Can anyone help?

Also can anyore recommend some good cutting software that doesnt cost the earth, I've just about had enough of SC Pro.

Thanks

kuruma.ai

On 12/16/2016 at 10:31 AM, mark-s said:

Vector it.

Here is a start

mark-s

KURUMA UK.ai

Mark gave you a good start with a vector...why didn't you use that?

Sue2

There is a 30 day free trial in AI which maybe you have tried and expired. For pure cost savings try downloading Inkscape. It's a similar program to AI and totally free. Has tutorials and will do just about everything AI will do. At least as far a simple vectors goes which is all you need for cutters. The native format in Inkscape is an SVG which will import and cut in SignCut Pro without having to convert it to another file format so you should be able to figure it out. 

33 minutes ago, Sue2 said:

Mark gave you a good start with a vector...why didn't you use that?

Sue2

You know what it is, I can't answer that. I think last time I opened it, it didnt work properly for me.

I've just downloaded it again and its working fine, think something must have updated.

Thanks again guys, I was getting so frustrated by this.

Thank you ever so much, Skarekrow

This has been driving me nuts, that is perfect. I'm extremely grateful.

Paul

• Like 2