Sign in to follow this  
restless-rooster

Iron on vinyl question

Hey everyone

I have a hoodie that I was thinking about making for myself.   I was curious how iron on vinyl looks and cuts.

I have never even used those store bought iron in letters, so I don't know if it looks good or cheap.

I don't want to go the screen printing route because I'm only wanting one...

Thanks 

apply with a heat press for right time, consistent pressure and temp and in most cases it will last as long as the garment 

7 hours ago, Athena's Gifts and Garden said:

I have been using Siser Easyweed have done a few garments with it. Works great, no issues cutting and good looking results. Many shops use HTV.

Awesome, I will give it a try.  Thanks!

6 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

apply with a heat press for right time, consistent pressure and temp and in most cases it will last as long as the garment 

Awesome, thanks for the info!

I agree with Dakota, properly applied it is probably the toughest product on the market and stays vibrant for the life of the shirt or hoodie. I suggest using a heat press though. Siser has instructions for hand iron application but there is no way to get the quality of job with a hand iron that even the cheapest of heat presses is capable of. HTV is very sensitive to the time, temperature and pressure recommendations for each brand and type.