Sign in to follow this  
SHELTIELU

Qe60 help needed

Help! Several years ago I purchased a Qe60 vinyl Express cutter with the Flexi8 system.  Mainly for a hobby. I go to use it tonight and find that my little grandson has been playing on it and now I can not get it to cut. It will run a test cut when prompted but will not cut a decal. I am not the brightest person in the world so please bare with me. I am pretty sure that I need to reset the cutter. I can no longer find the quick set up page that came with it that showed me what the cutter controll pad window display box should show. I just run standard vinyl for decals. I am including a picture to help explain what I am talking about. If anyone can help me with this I would be so greatful!

20161210_232135.jpg

Maybe try resetting to factory defaults, it looks like Graphtec, so maybe they work the same. Power off the unit, then while turning on the machine at the same time as you turn on hold the up arrow. 

I tried your advice and it did change the cutting properties. But I still can not get it to cut a design. Could I possibly bother you to let me know what shows up on your programing face. For example. What is under. COND, TOOL, OFFSET, FORCE, SPEED & QUALITY... I hope that this is not to troublesome for you. I have tried everything I can think of. Was going to factory reset it from my computer controls but can not find the file I need to do that. Thank you so much for your help I really do appriciate it. Have sent a picture of my control pad for comparison. THANKS!!!!!

20161211_211424_Burst01~3.jpg

I would think you have to reset from the machine itself, not your computer. It should read cond. 1,tool, 09U for a (blue tip blade holder) or 15 u for the 1.5mm blade holder, offset 0, force, your choice, speed your choice,(I run mine between 10-15) Quality 2

also make sure the plotter itself is set to HP-GL and not GP-GL for the language - not sure which it reverts to on a hard reset like mentioned above

My Qe60 cutter will not cut. I got a message saying that the printer not responding to pole size. Anyone have any idea what this may meanand how to fix it. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks

was it working before?  did you get the drivers from signwwarehouse for the qe60?  the graphtec drivers will not work with this plotter as it has a proprietary chipset