storm2313

Color manipulation in VM XPT to match the monitor..

I now am using VM XPT, and the software's capabilities are simply amazing. I'm however wondering how to adjust the colors of my art to match my screen better when printed. I already use a Colormunki design monitor/printer calibrator, but still find the need to make minor adjustments on certain designs with special effects.

What part of VM is used to adjust spot colors to be effected when printing? I already have ICM switched off so the software has full control of my printers color gamut.

I also noticed when using the soft shadow FX,  that adjusting to a higher resolution made my printed art come out pixelated where the shadow effect is. Is this do to using a higher resolution setting? What settings are considered optimal in VM for printing soft Shadows?

Thank you to everyone providing support.

Just a guess regarding resolution settings, but I would assume you'd want to match your design resolution to the capabilities of the printer in question. If for example the printer can only do 300dpi, then designing something at full scale  in 900dpi is not going to do you any good and will force the software to down sample the image in order for the printer to be able to handle it.

Actually the resolution is fine. The issue I have is when printing candies, and metallics I like to be able to tweak the color gamut for the spectrum I'm looking for. I believe the color settings adjustment for art work is what the software has to manipulate this, but it never hurts to ask first.

I want to know what settings in VM XPT are used to manipulate the printable color gamut for your art?

Thank you though for your advice.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.