AboveCreations

VM Pro - backups won't turn off

Hello.  I am rather pleased with my VM Pro... except one very annoying feature that is getting on my nerves.  I have 3 different computer in my setup which I do design work with VM Pro.  Since I am going through a network, these auto backups build up and eat away very precious space on the network.  I see I can select [F]ile and ackups and turn the auto backup off... HOWEVER!  If I close the program, the dumb things reverts to auto backups when I restart the program.  I don't see anywhere else to turn it off.

Is there a way to disable these backups permanently in VM Pro.  If not, then this feature is VERY important and will make me throw it out and chose a program which is not annoying!

I don't know how to fix VM Pro, but if no one else can solve it, you can create a simple batch file that will delete backups every time you start the computer, or you can schedule it to run every so often.

Guest Future Support

The backup files you are seeing may not be "Automatic backups" (which occur while you are working on the job), but when you save changes to a job, the previous version is renamed as a backup.

For most users, this feature allows them to revert to a previous version of a document, especially if there have been accidental changes that saved over the original job.

It may however be possible to override the limit of how many of these files are created (or even turn this feature off entirely).

If you lodge a support ticket at http://future.support they may be able to work with you to alter this behavior to suit your requirements.

I find it rather appalling that some software company thinks this feature is unimportant and gives no control to the user (purchaser/customer).  I do not want to have to chase down backup files plastered all over our network drives.  Batch files would work if there was only one folder or drive.  That is not our situation.  Especially when there are many projects/folders/users.  When I turn something OFF, I expect it to be off... not have to re-turn the thing back off every time I start the program or load a project.  No other software does this annoying and unnecessary auto backups without some user control.  I understand that some find this feature useable... but it does not work in our workflow.

And it is more annoying that I have to take time to create a ticket to the software company to plead and urge them to understand that the feature is not necessary and should be a user control feature which we should be able to turn it off permanently in the first place.  Being a 'C' programmer since the 80's and old-school... the old saying, "hard-coded features in software IS un-user friendly!"

Guest Future Support

Thank you for your feedback as it is one of the best ways to improve the program by listening carefully to the needs of the customers.
We have passed on your comments to our programmers and they are already working on it and will be adding custom options into the next update. We will also notify you on the support ticket you raised, with this update as soon as it has been implemented.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.