fireman42

USB and serial ports

So I had my pen in place and drew out my design on paper sent it to cutter with USB connection. double checked my sizes then set up sc cutter with blade and media vinyl went to send it to cutter and nothing. tried a few times no connection, USB seems to be lose on cutter inside connection. so plugged in the serial to USB cable an still nothing. does that mean I need to buy the new board. took end cap off an visually everything looks fine ribbon cable is secure. any ideas. thanks. ps I am using sure cuts a lot n cables were cables you can buy from uscutter an program is set up for my sc cutter 

not all serial to USB are the same - most require separate drivers for the chipset in the adapter cable - did you install those?   the one brand that is known to work great is the triplite keyspan adapter - but if you have board issues than that won't help either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fireman42 said:

So I had my pen in place and drew out my design on paper sent it to cutter with USB connection. double checked my sizes then set up sc cutter with blade and media vinyl went to send it to cutter and nothing. tried a few times no connection, USB seems to be lose on cutter inside connection. so plugged in the serial to USB cable an still nothing. does that mean I need to buy the new board. took end cap off an visually everything looks fine ribbon cable is secure. any ideas. thanks

I have heard an read that the sc model connection board is very touchy an seems like a lot of ppl have this issue. my machine is only 3 years old. I do disconnected the cable every time which I can see it wearing out but I don't know how to test it if it's getting power or if I can even test it with a multimeter

It came with a null cable but I've never used it. it worked fine with both cables usb or serial to USB. oh and everything works on the cutter just fine. it just won't talk to my computer when I send it. 

just for grins did you happen to go to usc support area and redownload the drivers and reload them - just to rule that out

No I forgot all about that. I will try that as well. would it be a driver update if one min it was fine and next min nothing? but I will try it still thanks.

not an update but we do see several times a year where someones driver will get corrupted and reinstalling helps - just another thing to rule out before calling support monday - one less thing you have to do while on the phone with them