Soren

Reflective Mopar Logos

I did these today. Ok, they're nothing really spectacular and could be better. But, for a newbie like me, they're not too horrible. I had to redo my design. Originally the outside border was thinner, but trying to weed the outside without the outside border pulling up and stretching was next to impossible. The photos are of the same sheet. One is without using the flash and one is with.  The smallest one is 4" wide, the next is 5" wide and the largest is 6" wide.  Reflective stickers are very cool, but the material is really hard to work with, especially small stuff. On the 4" sticker, I did loose the center of the "P" and the "A" and had to kind of replace them. Good thing these are not for sale. I think if I ever sold this design (it's not the official Mopar logo) I think the 5" wide would be the smallest I could go, unless I can figure out a way to get a better cut. I can get the 4" ones to work well using regular vinyl.

20161209_170433.jpg20161209_170416.jpg

I really like the reflective. -- that logo makes me think of a body builder / muscle guy flexing.

Very cool Soren, but I am a Mopar guy too... what equipment are you using, and what cutting program?

Here is a tip I learned from the site a good while back for fixing a mistake like the centers of the P and A.

Using the smaller decal, ungroup the decal (and you may even have to break apart); with the project ungrouped drag away and delete everything except the P and A.  Cut those on a piece of scrap and you can pull out the centers to place into your good, full decal.  If you do it before transferring you can actually place it correctly by using the impression in the backing paper as your guide.  If placing directly on your work you can still get them close.

I have not worked with reflective.  What are your decals going on?

Cal

The cutter is the Vinyl Express R-Series II and the software is VE LXi Expert 12, which from what I understand is the same as Flexi. 

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to put those stickers on. I think I'll put one of them on the back of my 2013 Dart GT then give away the other two at our Mopar club meeting tomorrow. I was mostly doing them just to see how small of a sticker I could make with that reflective vinyl. It's kind of thick and almost is kind of rubbery rather than like regular vinyl, so it doesn't like small details.

Here is a 4" wide one I did a couple weeks ago with the thinner border on just some regular Enduragloss vinyl.

blue-mopar-m-sticker.jpg

Don't know if it's your cut file, or your cutter settings but your corners look a little rounded off. If it's not the file you may want to take a look at your offset settings for the cutter

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Don't know if it's your cut file, or your cutter settings but your corners look a little rounded off. If it's not the file you may want to take a look at your offset settings for the cutter

I've been trying to figure that out. I don't like the rounded corners, especially with the text. The lines are nice, straight and crisp and the corners are sharp in my file.
Do you know of a tutorial somewhere that explains offset and overcut? I'm still learning and trying to figure out a lot of these things.

What cutter and software are you using? There should be a setting in the software someplace regarding offset. 0.25 is the standard staring point. Rounded corners usually mean you have to little offset.

Offset.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

What cutter and software are you using? There should be a setting in the software someplace regarding offset. 0.25 is the standard staring point. Rounded corners usually mean you have to little offset.

Offset.png

Thanks! That helps a lot. I am using VE LXi Expert 12. I'll give that a try this evening when I get home from work.