plain ol Bill

LED lights on cutter

14 minutes ago, cardudenc said:

I used just a few drops of super glue on the places it sagged, but most held.

problem with that is you probably super glued the adhesive tape to the cutter - that failed adhering tot he cutter - it might still release from the other side of the tape.   on the camper I removed that tape but on the truck I just made sure the adhesive silicone caught on each side of the tape so the led's were secure

11 hours ago, dave_dj1 said:

I have to say I am disappointing this morning :(

Half of the strip has fallen down, not sure what to use to stick it back up. I may have to look for some 3m tape. The light strip seemed sticky enough but I guess not.

i used rubbing alcohol on mine before applying led light strip. and it has held from day one..Maybe the person you got them from doesnt use a good as adhesive as my guy which was a 3m tape.

• Like 1

Now I don't doubt that there could be a difference in adhesive but all 5 or so sets I bought said 3m on tape, I just don't believe most of them had real 3 m tape on them :/

• Like 1

FINALLY got all my lights/remote/batteries/connectors. Haven't attached them yet but I will eventually. Took 35 days to ship from China through eBay. I still haven't got a bunch of other purchases I made through eBay during the Christmas break but I'm glad these at least showed up. Probably won't get a lot of the other purchases either and have filed for refunds on several items...but that's another horror story. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM CHINA DURING THEIR NEW YEARS! I did not factor that in when buying initially...big mistake. 

Anyhow, the lights are eyeball searing bright! Proper bright white color. The power bar is kind of big and bulky (but very light - if not cheaply made). The remote takes a single CR2025 lithium type battery which I had to order separately from eBay too (got a deal on 5 Maxell's for $4 shipped from another province but that only took 4 days to arrive). I have a roll of super adhesive 3M tape already I will use to secure them to the cutters since I see others are having some difficulty with the stock adhesive tape. I'll just skip the hassle and use the 3M stuff right off the start.

There are no instructions on how everything goes together or works together except for the remote. The remote does all kinds of fancy light tricks but I'm just interested in good old On/Off and the brightness settings. The lights themselves do have a kind of weird electronic smell to them initially. It could be that they were improperly cooled since I left them coiled up on the roll when I was testing them. I hope that will dissipate eventually when adhered to my cutters. The lights, by default, started to flash in a rhythmic sequence when I first plugged them in. You need the remote to change the sequence to not flash. I didn't have a battery for the remote initially so I couldn't adjust anything until it was functioning. After I got that worked out, the lights turned off and on in a normal fashion using the remote. No more flashing.

It wasn't rocket science to figure out how it all went together but still, it would have been nice to find a cheap photocopy printout on how it all connects and how to trim things to fit without screwing anything up. I may do up a quick instruction thread here for the forum thread when I get a moment for others to refer to.

Anyhow, I'm pleased things have arrived and I can now install them.

I still think this is a brilliant idea. I'm VERY surprised USCutters doesn't adopt/borrow (steal) this idea...It is a definite value add to a standard cutter.

On 12/17/2016 at 1:08 PM, Primal Decals said:

Glad to see i started something cool lol.

I think your idea is awesome! Thank you for sharing it with us :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PixelPusher said:

I think your idea is awesome! Thank you for sharing it with us :) 

lol Thanks ..

On 12/7/2016 at 2:38 PM, Primal Decals said:

here is mine i posted.

20161118_085521.jpg

20161118_085532.jpg

20160821_091825.jpg

Resized_20160822_191348.jpeg

yep, guess what i'm going to do tonight hehe

• Like 1