Sign in to follow this  
plain ol Bill

New Tiitan comments

Had a few things I needed to make up and don't really like farming work out. So got a new Titan3 w/ ARMS. Very nicely packaged and just tweaked the back once getting it into the house (where are all those kids when you need them?). Opened it up and scattered all the parts out. First impression - pretty nice stand - went together well - probably the nicest hardware I've ever seen with import stuff. Would have been nice if it came w/ casters. Even came w/ it own allen  combination wrenches. The rest of the world needs to go to SAE sizes - metric sucks (yes, I'm old and don't care what the rest of the world thinks). Set the cutter on the stand, bolted it down, moved the rollers over the grit wheel and cut off the plastic tie down on the head. Plugged the power cord into the unit, plugged the cord into the wall plug and touched the on/off button. IT WON'T POWER UP! Got my electrical tester, yes the plug in is hot and have power to the unit. Of course no one is at USC today so will give them a call in the AM & see if we can get it going. Not real happy but I'm sure they will figure it out & get it going. Will keep you posted.

Sort of like Christmas with no fresh batteries. From what everyone says, the Titans seem to be a hit. Hope it is something simple. I don't know if those things have an inline fuse or anything like that. 

Are you in the U.S. ?

I'm guessing there is a little red switch to switch voltage to 110 or 220.

Might want to check that.

I had an early titan and it actually came with a bad power cord.  I put a spare computer cord one and was right in business

Turned out to be the 110 - 220V switch. It was hidden well enough I likely would have never found it without help from USC tech help. Switched it back to 110V and it powered right up. Life got in the way of getting anything else done w/ it today.

• Like 1

Enjoy the Titan 3.  I bought a Saga cutter around 3 years ago and it hasn't given me any real problems.  FYI, the "Titan" brand is just a re-branded Saga.  Mine is the Titan 3 equivalent, and have really just recently starting testing out the ARMS feature.  It works well.  I assume yours came with VinylMaster software.  I would spend some time just figuring out all the things the software can do.  I have Corel Draw X6, but rarely find a reason to use it.  VinylMaster does just about anything I need to do with a vinyl cutter.   Hope it works out for you!

• Like 1