livinloudgraphics

application fluid

Yeah I use splash and rapid tac, both work adequate and I think action tac smells nicer. 

I have 0 luck with rapidtac on cold or cool windows. On steel, never a problem. But every glass install i tried it on where there was air conditioning on even 1 side......NO luck. Just curious what your doing wet on a vehicle window. Ive recently done a whole back truck window dry using hinge method. Thats how I do 99% of my installs now. Last wet install I did was a jeep hood black out.

• Like 1

I was going to build a "dos fluid" meme but had to go grill some steak. " I don't always use app fluid. But when I do I use Rapid Tac." I try not to wet app unless absolutely necessary. I think they make a cold weather formula too. 

• Like 1

RapidTac2 --  there's a video online with a guy doing his application in the snow.

• Like 2

i used dishwashing liquid and water in the past but it seems to do ok but not in cooler weather. i was doing some windows on a shop and used that method and it worked but was colder than i expected, i will try some rapid tac 2 and see how that does

add some alcohol to your water and dish soap.  I make it a gallon at a time.  I cup of alcohol, a couple drops of dishsoap and the rest water!

i use a recipe i got here but cant remember it. iirc,m it was much more something like a 3 cup to 1 cup mix, im going to assume more water than alcohol? with a spoonfull or 2 of dawn. 

4 minutes ago, livinloudgraphics said:

i used some dawn dish washing liquid and water but will try and order rapid tac next week thanks to everyone who  commented appreciate it

never use dawn - the same ingredients that attack grease attack adhesive - baby shampoo is better for home made - but personally I use rapid tac now

Just now, Dakotagrafx said:

never use dawn - the same ingredients that attack grease attack adhesive - baby shampoo is better for home made - but personally I use rapid tac now

i read up on that also and it was a lesson. i did warranty the work thou just in case.  but ordered some of the rapid tac to use next time

• Like 1

I love the bubblegum smell of RapidTac...it's addicting. I've never tried anything else. I like the recipes posted for DIY though :)