WDD

The blade wont go down all the way!

I don't have mine in front of me but it does not look like you have the blade holder positioned correctly.  I'm pretty sure the brass knob portion of mine sits flush with the black carrier.  Make sure the blade holder is sitting in the correct position.

• Like 1

my sc came in damaged and wouldn't cut. had to replace the carriage. not sure , but I'm with iron bar. check to see if the tool holder is in the correct groove. I'm also a newbie. had my cutter since may.  so I'm not sure if this will help, but I'm running a lot more pressure than you . on a lot of stuff I'm running speed at 300 and pressure around 100

• Like 1

Verify that the entire carriage is sitting on the track (wheels in the track).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Verify that the entire carriage is sitting on the track (wheels in the track).

carriage even looks a little cocked like the wheels are not on the track - think all you guys and gals nailed it from the video

• Like 1

I've tried all the suggestions and the blade still doesn't go down all the way.

Any videos that I can look at to verify that I'm on the right track?

19 hours ago, Ironbar said:

I don't have mine in front of me but it does not look like you have the blade holder positioned correctly.  I'm pretty sure the brass knob portion of mine sits flush with the black carrier.  Make sure the blade holder is sitting in the correct position.

The blade doesn't even touch the vinyl, it's flush.

17 hours ago, cardudenc said:

my sc came in damaged and wouldn't cut. had to replace the carriage. not sure , but I'm with iron bar. check to see if the tool holder is in the correct groove. I'm also a newbie. had my cutter since may.  so I'm not sure if this will help, but I'm running a lot more pressure than you . on a lot of stuff I'm running speed at 300 and pressure around 100

The blade doesn't even touch the vinyl, it's flush.

so you checked and all the carriage rollers are engaged in the track?  just verifying as we have seen many times where a carriage wheel will jump off the track in shipping and the picture made it look like your carriage is sitting a little cock eyed.  could just be the angle but that will cause the blade holder to stay up off the vinyl

15 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

so you checked and all the carriage rollers are engaged in the track?  just verifying as we have seen many times where a carriage wheel will jump off the track in shipping and the picture made it look like your carriage is sitting a little cock eyed.  could just be the angle but that will cause the blade holder to stay up off the vinyl

Now it is making some test cuts but it is being weird with the pressure.

I don't think the pressure should be up in the 170's

The blade is place as specified (half the hight of a credit card, the blade just doesn't do a smooth cut.

1/2 a credit card length is about 10 times too much blade . .  . cant remember what the pressure numbers are on a titan as they are different on every cutter I have touched over the years - with some that is not a high number - on a graphtec that would be astronomical - again on some of the old mh cutters with one series of mainboards they had it would have been low - I say set it at what works properly

from our old friend skeeter

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

the ribbon cable is correct - it curls back and forth so it doesn't crimp.   I am confused as the description I reposted above is nothing like the 1/2 a credit card as you described using.
if you call support tomorrow during regular business hours they will walk you thru the troubleshooting to find the problem.  on the user forum we try to suggest problems we have seen over the years but do not work for uscutter - we all volunteer our time

17 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

the ribbon cable is correct - it curls back and forth so it doesn't crimp.   I am confused as the description I reposted above is nothing like the 1/2 a credit card as you described using.
if you call support tomorrow during regular business hours they will walk you thru the troubleshooting to find the problem.  on the user forum we try to suggest problems we have seen over the years but do not work for uscutter - we all volunteer our time

I appreciate your help so much, thank you! 

OK, I have to say that I can't even see anything in that sideways video, and if I were you, I would take the whole blade holder apart, take out the blade itself from the bearing, throw a drop of sewing machine oil in the hole, replace everything, and start fresh, again making sure the carriage is on track correctly. That puppy is still probably not seated properly.

For the record, my SC unit when I owned it ran with pressure around 300. FWIW.

And instead of a test cut, send a cut command from your software, using a small 2" text sample like the word "GO"

5 hours ago, WDD said:

Now it is making some test cuts but it is being weird with the pressure.

I don't think the pressure should be up in the 170's

The blade is place as specified (half the hight of a credit card, the blade just doesn't do a smooth cut.

that sounds like it is too far out. I didn't have a chance to log on earlier.  so just seeing all this. I'm sure customer serv can help you mon. if you are still up shoot me a txt I will see if I can help any. 828-413-1104

watching the last videos I'm going with the others with it looks like the carriage may not be seat properly. the front white roller looks to be in track. is the rear 1? primal told me the drop of oil tip, it worked. as far as setting the way I set mine was another tip I found online. just barely out and test it by hand on post it notes. correct only cuts the top sheet

On 12/4/2016 at 6:07 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

I appreciate your help so much, thank you! 

The wheel was off the roller, I couldn't tell that it was until I moved the carriage all the way to the left haha

Thanks again guys!!! 

• Like 1

mine came in completely off and damaged. after getting it on track my blade wouldn't move up or dn. so had to replace the carriage. been working fine since, noisy but fine. lol

40 minutes ago, cardudenc said:

mine came in completely off and damaged. after getting it on track my blade wouldn't move up or dn. so had to replace the carriage. been working fine since, noisy but fine. lol

noisy is just the nature of a stepper motor cutter - usually the first thing people that upgrade to the servo motor cutters says is how quiet they are followed by comments on accuracy 

• Like 1

o yes, I have been on the phone with Primal and could hear his Titan 2 feeding the vinyl thru. u don't hear that with a stepper