BLSrlz

How to create an arc text?

I am using Vinyl master LTR. Using this program, I am able to arc text using the "arc text" tab. My question though, can i arch text from the text being horizontal? Also, if i am using text (horizontal) at 1.30" in height will it remain the same if i use arc to coincide with the horizontal text? Thanks!!

I Arched can be the top, bottom or whole thing so Arch vs Arc is subjective. I think what he's wanting to know is can you arc or arch a font on it's side. I don't know the answer in VM but in AI the results are as shown in the lower part of the attached image. Live effects on the left while the one on the right has been converted to outlines before rotation.

To the OP: It would help if you can show what you are trying to accomplish. If this is for a fireman shield at something then that might be the way to go about it. If it's a circular text around something then there are other ways to get there that might be more efficient and yield better results.

Arc-Arch.png

• Like 2

Arc text is text following a circle and is not distorted. For the ARCHED example above you would need to use the Cylinder distortion in VinylMaster and drag the bottom node to the horizontal. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:17 AM, Trooper_vinyl_solutions said:

I have VinylMaster Cut how do I make text arched? I've only been able to make straight text. I've been having to make the lettering in photoshop and transfer it over and vectorize it.

when I was using that version of vm I had to do mine in AI . you need to have the letter or above versions to do an arch

• Like 1

How do I do Arc text that is not upside down on the bottom of the arc?  Would like for top and bottom to read the same way (orientation)

3 hours ago, MBN said:

How do I do Arc text that is not upside down on the bottom of the arc?  Would like for top and bottom to read the same way (orientation)

Youtube is great it took me forever to find one. I finally found the help i needed

• Like 1

No problem glad you got it figured out.. After I posted I went to mine and my version doesn't give me that option so I have to do it the long hard way LOL

• Like 1

eprcvinyls  my version does not allow me to do it either.   I watched the video and got all excited.    Can you share where you found how do to it the long way?

On 4/25/2018 at 10:07 AM, MBN said:

eprcvinyls  my version does not allow me to do it either.   I watched the video and got all excited.    Can you share where you found how do to it the long way?

Oh man that stinks, its been a while I tried to look quickly and had no luck. just look on youtube for curve text with VM cut. I think that was how i found it.

Inkscape, a free program, can do this, although not as easily as other programs. But hey, it's free and worth having on hand for times like this.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.