I have a Graphtec ce6000 and I am trying some new things to me but probably very basic to you.  I chose a clip art of the state of North Carolina.  I would like state to be solid, but when I choose any of the trace options, it just leaves an outline of the state.  I have attached pictures.  Any suggestions

north carolina state vinyl.png

IMG_8418.jpg

The graphtec software that came with the machine.  It is called Graphtec Studio.   Is there inexpensive software that I can purchase that is better?

There are a lot of options. I have a friend who has Graphtec Studio but I have never used it. I think you probably have the freebie version which is lacking a lot of options. Not knowing the software I would venture a guess and tell you to try and select the inner line and delete it. You are right there should be a way to trace for a solid line. You could also just manually draw the line around the outer edge. Auto tracing rarely gives a good result. 

Learning to trace is a great thing, but in this case, if you do a search on the forums you'll find all 50 states already in a vector file. Most states also have a Wikipedia page with a vector drawing as well.

• Like 3

On 12/1/2016 at 8:57 AM, darcshadow said:

Learning to trace is a great thing, but in this case, if you do a search on the forums you'll find all 50 states already in a vector file. Most states also have a Wikipedia page with a vector drawing as well.

On 12/1/2016 at 2:32 PM, Primal Decals said:

here you go..  in svg format

50 states.zip

Thank you all so much for your help.  I appreciate you taking the time to teach me!!!

On 12/1/2016 at 4:17 AM, bethann said:

I have a Graphtec ce6000 and I am trying some new things to me but probably very basic to you.  I chose a clip art of the state of North Carolina.  I would like state to be solid, but when I choose any of the trace options, it just leaves an outline of the state.  I have attached pictures.  Any suggestions

Graphtec Studio is all I use with my CE-6000. The problem you're trying to solve is an easy fix. When you choose the Trace tool, you'll see you have 3 options in the Apply Trace Method window. You should be choosing the Trace Outer Edge option. When you get the trace that you want, select the object and do a Save to Library to keep it for future use.  I have a library full of tracings that I've done with this program.

• Like 1